• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Dire Lemming

First Post
Is the Grand Bazaar usually somewhere in between the Hive and the Lady's Ward? If not Anthony has no reason to be there with his current backstory. If I alter it so that he's just milling about in the Grand Bazaar looking for people to sell his services as a tout to then it'll work fine, though it'll be allot less interesting to try to get him to help them. I won't try to speak for the other planars, but I got the impression that neither of them quite knew what they were doing in Sigil either.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Cage-Rattler said:
Anyway, hopefully your body is on the mend by now!

Thank you, and I hope so too! I'm still a bit... what's the phrase?... whacked out of my gourd on medications, so I can't really tell how well I'm doing. All my limbs are still on, though, which I figure is a good thing.

Basic character sheet, though lacking a full equipment list and non-mechanical character bits and bobs, has been posted in the RG. Will finish it up in a few hours, after today's classes--and I really mean it this time. :heh:

And the opening, by the by, sounds just fine to me.

Ambrus

Explorer
The introduction seems workable, though I'm left to wonder how the three primes have come to know each other, unless it was Hagen's wife who brought them together in her attempt to get people to investigate the gate. I'm also curious to hear which FR god Hagen and Heinrich worship if not Heironeous.

And BTW, my character's name is Istvan rather than Jacoby. That was something of a mistake which crept it's way into my character sheet while I was copying and pasting info from someplace else. Sorry for the mix-up. :eek:

I'm still refining some elements of my character sheet, background and equipment; though it is in large part pretty much finished.

Edit: And am I reading it properly, that our armor bonus is not applied to our AC, but instead becomes our DR score? Most people seem to have included their armor bonus in their AC score, so I'm kind of confused about that.

Last edited:

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Ambrus said:
Edit: And am I reading it properly, that our armor bonus is not applied to our AC, but instead becomes our DR score? Most people seem to have included their armor bonus in their AC score, so I'm kind of confused about that.

Armor provides bonuses to both AC and DR, as per the Unearthed Arcana variant. Half of the standard AC bonus, rounded down, instead becomes DR, and the standard AC bonus minus the DR equals the new AC bonus. Studded leather, for instance, normally gives +3 to AC; in the new system, it gives DR 1/-- and a +2 to AC instead.

Ambrus

Explorer
Heh. I've been having enough trouble figuring out my own equipment; sorry.

On that note, Cage Rattler, I've put together an equipment list with items from various sources:
• travel cloak (Magic of Faerun)
• chronocharm of the horizon walker (Magic Item Compedium)
• black bodysuit (Arms and Equipment Guide)
• sashling (Races of the Wild)
• potion belt (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting)

Please let me know if there are any of these items that you're unfamiliar with (I'll copy the description for you), or that you don't approve of (I'll change it). :)

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Sorry about the delay, folks; our router went kaputski and it was a bit more complicated to get a new one than it should have been.

Big news first: [url="http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=210858"[/url]The In-Game thread is up![/url]. Have at thee -- I mean, it. Have at it. Be sure to check out the OOC block at the bottom which details posting rules, and let me know if the point-of-view shift is too confusing; I wrote most of it at around 3 AM this morning. :p

DireLemming: Market Ward butts right up against the Hive Ward, so Anthony should'nt have a problem justifying his being there.

Ambrus: I'm fairly certain I have all those sources, so all should be good.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Oh, and sundark goggles from Races of the Dragon.

BTW, I'm fairly certain the Hive and Market wards are actually on opposite sides of Sigil. :heh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads