• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e Planescape Game

Velmont

First Post
Meenah said:
Crazy? There should be a better word for this in any of these people's languages

Hehe, first comment on my speech.... and I think it won't be the last. I think I will make great fun making Traore speak, as his first language, I doubt he will ever find someone to speak with him in it, his second tongue, Infernal, is understood by only one character and a bunch of people he hates, and the Common, he understand it enough, but have hard time to speak it, as it is only been two weeks he use it on a regular basis.

LordAspen

First Post
Sorry for my long absence. Work has been hell and my wife is pregnant and has been very sick (from the pregnancy) so I have had to take care of her and our 18 mo old at the same time. As you can guess, I haven't had much free time. Excuses, excuses I know. Anyhow I'm going to try to give it another go but if I don't feel I can keep up, I will drop out so that someone else can join in and fill out the game.

Thanks for your patience.

Boddynock

First Post
LordA,

While it does help to have regular posts, it might not be obligatory for you to drop out. Ask The803 - he might be prepared to NPC your character from time to time. That way you might only have to connect, say, once or twice a week. We'd miss you if you left (and I do appreciate how difficult it is to post regularly, or even to keep yourself in touch with a plotline, when life is incredibly hectic! :) )

It is good to hear from you again! Hope your wife is OK. Is this morning sickness or a further complication? (Hmm, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to.) When's the baby due?

Oh, by the way, nice re-entry! :lol:

'Nock

Last edited:

The803

First Post
LordA,

Thanks for getting back to us; sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. Whatever your decision, I'll keep Rhys in the story as an NPC. Even if that's the case, feel free to jump in when you are able; you made him, so he's still your PC. This might lead to some erratic behavior on his part, but your last post gives a good rationale for that.

LordAspen

First Post
Thanks for the support guys. Like I said I'll do my best. I am continually amazed by what I am seeing in this thread and would love to continue to be a part of it.

As for my wife, it is just normal pregnancy stuff (we hope) but unlike morning sickness it is all day and night sickness (Nausea and Headaches). The first pregnancy wasn't anything like this. She has it bad this time around and no one really to give her a hand. Hopefully it will subside soon, she is nearing the end of her first trimester which is generally when women start to feel better.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Yeah, while my wife never had morning sickness, she had chronic indigestion for the first trimester. She continued to have it throuout the pregnency, but it was only occasional after the first trimester.

Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon.

Boddynock

First Post
LordA,

If you look at the bottome left hand corner of this page, you'll see a box with some options in it. One of them says "vB code". It needs to be "on" for spoilers, etc to work. If you click on the vB code link, it'll take you to a glossary of the various codes used on the board. This will enable you to do all kinds of fun things! :lol:

'Nock

(Hope your wife gets past the all day nausea stage soon - sounds horrendous!)

Velmont

First Post
I'm still single, and I have no kids, so it is hard to tell if it is normal... but take care of her, she worth more than a game. And don't bother about Rhys... anyway, it is planescape, anything can happen :)

Velmont

First Post
Tribespeech dictionary (for myself):

Meaning:
Co: Express a negation
Compi: Express a question
Sindégo: Express futur

Expression
Ouédro Garaté: By the ancestors!

Verbs
Goromch: Believe
Diéboug: Create
Lompaor: Getting use to
Ziniar: Destoy

Verb ending:
é: I
ou: They

Name
Déoula: World
Traore: Marked One or Tiefling

Article
Sédi: This or That
Lé: Them
Bobo: Self

Yeah, I'm trying to be consistant in the words I invent, make sure not making too much mistake. A nice challenge to write down in perfect English(Infernal), write with an accent(Common) and invent a new tongue(Tribespeech) for a French speaking person :)

Last edited:

Remove ads