• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e Planescape Game

Li Shenron

Legend
Sorry guys for my absence, it had nothing to do with your game or EnWorld or D&D in general... It's nice to see that the game has gone on very well during these two months.
The803, let me know if you want me back but don't mess your game because of Meenah, ok? I've lost my place in another PbP game already, so it's not a big deal... :eek:

Boddynock

First Post
Well, I'm back! I've had a few (...) distractions for the last month or so. :heh: I hope to be more regular with my posting from now on.

Li, good to see you. Too bad about missing out on a place in the other game. :( I would expect, though, that The803 will be creative enough to weave a great plotline out of your absence.

So, any idea what to do about this Mercane? One of the things I find toughest about this game is getting my head around all the whacky possibilities - and having to do that every day or so takes a fair amount of energy. Still, it's an interesting exercise - and when it comes off it's awesome! But back to the Mercane. I would assume that the dream crystal is the key to something far more than just cash, or even wishes. I also think we've been faithful in character - that experience is too profound for us to wish to sell it!

Mind you, if Andarin discovers that after this little adventure he's no longer welcome in Sigil (or even able to enter Sigil - the Lady does deny the powers entry, after all) he really won't be pleased at all! :mad:

I need to post IC to the last scenario - I'll do that today or tomorrow - and then, let us hope, The803 will turn up with more amazing and wonderful adventures for us to go on! :lol:

'Nock

Edit: Hmm, I've just realized I still need to level up. Looks like I'll be a busy little bard today!

OK, I've levelled up - but now I need to go to work! Bye.

'Nock

Last edited:

The803

First Post
I've had some things come up, but I'm still here, and glad to see that Li Shenron is back on ENWorld and Meenah is back in the game.

The following is for Li:

[SBLOCK]If you haven't read the bit about what happened in the dream, go ahead and do so. We're going to have to assume that Meenah chose another dream to take part in. Your job is to describe it to everyone else in character. Many of the details of the dream Meenah took part in were quite similar; it begins with your spirit being called down to the dark world of ice and needle-towers and ends when the races you create destroy the world beneath them. In between is where you get to be creative. What was your world like? Don't worry about describing everything; just be able to respond to questions. I will create a group of NPCs to be the other "dreaming gods" of that world.

Also, right now, Meenah is in a somewhat sticky spot; the group you dreamt with has been offered the same deal just put on the table by the mercane, and several of them want to take it. The only way any of you get your three wishes is if you all agree to surrender the world-sphere to the mercane. We'll say that Meenah has come back to the group for advice.
[/SBLOCK]

Lobo Lurker

First Post
That's cool Th803. Real life pops up now and then. :) Here, work has been nightmarish lately... lots and lots of OT that, thanks to my salary, I'm not getting paid extra for. :( That's life I guess.

LordAspen

First Post
Whoa! I guess I should have been checking this thread. I didn't realize that we levelled up or the more interesting deitific development.

Fey Touched is normally a CR+1 race. As a result there is a racial level.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a

I assume I need to take this before I can level up in sorceror. The thing that kind of stinks about it is that the main racial ability (and probably a good reason why it is +1 in the first place) is that my char would become immune to mind effecting spells. From what Lobo posted it seems a rank 0 deity already gets this.

So do I say darn my luck and take the racial level anyway? Since we aren't playing a hack and slash campaign I'm not sure that wasted level would really hurt anyway. Let me know!

Oh and sorry, Welcome back Li!

Boddynock

First Post
LordAspen said:
Whoa! I guess I should have been checking this thread. I didn't realize that we levelled up or the more interesting deitific development.
LordAspen, you could subscribe to the thread so that you are notified on your User Control Panel whenever a new post appears. Of course, that would necessitate checking your UCP. I actually have it set up as my home page - which, I guess, just goes to show how much I value the PbPs I'm a part of! :) Oh, and the email notification now works for each new post (since the move to the new servers), so that's another option.

I assume I need to take this before I can level up in sorceror. The thing that kind of stinks about it is that the main racial ability (and probably a good reason why it is +1 in the first place) is that my char would become immune to mind effecting spells. From what Lobo posted it seems a rank 0 deity already gets this.

So do I say darn my luck and take the racial level anyway? Since we aren't playing a hack and slash campaign I'm not sure that wasted level would really hurt anyway. Let me know!
The803 might be just as happy for you to skip the racial level and jump straight into a level-up in sorceror. After all, it's the story which seems paramount here. Of course, the fact that fey-touched would normally be immune to mind effecting spells might be worked out in roleplay as a reason why Rhys doesn't twig sooner to his deification!

'Nock

Velmont

First Post
I must tell that ECL races are not great for caster. But until now, how many spells did we cast? How many person did I punch? I am still wondering if we will ever use our stats :) That make a nice change from hack and slash games.

But as The803 let me take a level of Barbarian instead of Tiefling, I think it would be possible too, and there may be a nice roleplay reason for it, but maybe that will bring you some trouble ;)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
I must say that this game reminds me of a couple White Wolf games that I've played with my friends in the past. My pal Jase is a great storyteller and we never really had to use our stats/skills unless we wanted to. Kudos to you The803, it's been a great ride so far.

Non-combat encounters are neat... though I admit that, as a DM, I have a really hard time coming up with them. Creativity takes a lot of brain-juice at times.

Seeing as how the only thing you appreciably get from your racial level is immunity to mind affecting spells, which you already possess maybe The803 would be willing to let you start in on the Half-Fey template or progress as a Sorceror as you wish (I think he's rolling for Traore to avoid following his darker bloodline).

EDIT: Looking at that link, you get a spell-like ability & some skill bonuses... admitedly, it's a bit weak for a level-up, but if you ever lose your divinity you'd retain your Immunity to Mind-Affecting spells.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads