• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e Planescape Game

Velmont

First Post
I am running one game preently, and I must tell that it has been hard to come with something interesting and less combat oriented. It is a mutant and mastermind game, and three heroes are investigating a starting plague that has his origin from some unkonwn mutant. They must find that mutant before the plague spread too much.

Up to now, only about 15 posts over 200 have been for two combats, but they still reliate much on there skills, which make a change from what there is seen on the board where I master it (Freedom City PbP Forum). Not relying on any stats is really hard. I applaude The803 effort in that way.

And yeap, The803 told me that he was rolling a increasing difficulty will save not to follow the Tiefling, maybe half-fiend path.

LordAspen

First Post
Velmont said:
I must tell that ECL races are not great for caster.

Yeah I knew that going into it but I wanted to play something a bit different, since it is a planar game. If I was going for the power gamer angle I certainly wouldn't have chosen a sorceror either. I just didn't want to deal with the overhead of playing a wizard and trying to gather spells. Fey-touched adds the nice bonus to charisma. Anyhow I don't care either way. As everyone has noted its not like we are in a combat heavy game. I doubt my magic missile with its 3 pts of damage is going to scare away anyone wanting to absorb our new power.

I'll wait to see what the DM says.

The803

First Post
Just take the racial level now; Rhys doesn't resist his fey nature the way Traore resists his fiendish nature. I'm glad everyone is having a good time despite the lack of crunchy play.

LordAspen

First Post
Ok, sounds good. Thanks!
{Just want to verify - since I am taking a racial level that means I get no new hit points, save bonuses or skills right? I basically just get the Charm 1/day, +2 to hide/move silenty, and immunity to mind effecting spells right?}

I'm definitely having a good time. It's an amazing creative story line so far.

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Eh, in my experience, when you get turned into gods, the DM is out of ideas. Then again, I know some very hack n' slash and not super creative DMs...

Hopefully The803 is just on summer break.

Remove ads