• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5e Simple Multiclass or PrC for Fighter 4?

hunterofjello

First Post
Hey guys. I've been looking around trying to find a simple Multiclass or Prestige Class for a Half-Elf Fighter 4 in a group I'm DMing. The player has the least d&d experience and the least rpg experience out of everyone in the group, so I'm looking for something simple that can be added to the character to make it more effective and hopefully more fun to play. If I was playing the character, I would definitely throw in levels of Warblade without a thought, but the player would probably get discouraged by it.

The Half-Elf currently has Fighter 4 with Power Attack, Cleave, Weapon Focus (Longsword), Weapon Specialization (Longsword).

I know that adding a few levels of Barbarian would be good for the character, but what other options exist that improve on a Fighter's melee abilities while still keeping the character simple to play?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Would you please give us his alignment and stats? And maybe skills, too. Those information will affect much on choosing classes (especially prestige classes).

hunterofjello

First Post
Half-Elf Fighter 4
Chaotic Good

STR 16
DEX 11
CON 15
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 14

Skill Ranks:
Climb 5
Intimidate 7
Jump 5
Listen 1
Search 1
Spot 1
Swim 5

Feats:
Power Attack
Cleave
Weapon Focus Longsword
Weapon Specialization Longsword
Combat Expertise

Shin Okada

Explorer
I assume he prefers to be a simple melee warrior without casting spells or having complex class features.

I recommend to take another level of Fighter (or maybe a level of Barbarian) and raise the Intimidate to Rank 8, then proceed to Outcast Champion (Races of Destiny). That is a melee class with simple and yet strong class features. As the class gives moral bonus to will saves (not just that character but all the comrades nearby) it will complement the major weakness of typical melee warriors (low will-save). With a cool fluff, too.

Voadam

Legend
Rogue.

It will give him sneak attack which is both fairly straight forward (flank, some things not affected) and effective.

Evasion and uncanny dodge don't hurt either or add significant complexity while increasing defenses.

hunterofjello

First Post
Thanks guys. The Outcast Champion seems like a really cool class and one that would roleplay well with the setting we have. I think he wanted to take at least 1 level of barbarian, which would work well with the PrC anyway.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Something to keep in mind would be the Half-Elf Racial Paragon class, along with the Elven and Human ones, especially if he winds up taking any Wizard levels.

Starbuck_II

First Post
Hey guys. I've been looking around trying to find a simple Multiclass or Prestige Class for a Half-Elf Fighter 4 in a group I'm DMing. The player has the least d&d experience and the least rpg experience out of everyone in the group, so I'm looking for something simple that can be added to the character to make it more effective and hopefully more fun to play. If I was playing the character, I would definitely throw in levels of Warblade without a thought, but the player would probably get discouraged by it.

The Half-Elf currently has Fighter 4 with Power Attack, Cleave, Weapon Focus (Longsword), Weapon Specialization (Longsword).

I know that adding a few levels of Barbarian would be good for the character, but what other options exist that improve on a Fighter's melee abilities while still keeping the character simple to play?

Good Prc: Champion of Corellon? As a 1/2 Elf he qualifies.
He needs Dodge, Combat Experise, and Mounted Combat (MC is weird for requirement I know).
BAB: +7
Diplomacy +4, Religion +2

Lets you add Dex to damage (in addition to Str) at 2nd level.
So he might want to take Rogue level for skills, 2 Fighters levels for feats, etc.
Just a thought.

Remove ads