3 level warlock/barbarian/cleric

hakaotr

First Post
Today we had an encounter with a npc that first seemed like a barbarian with a really low int level. But when we dwell on it i saw him casting eldritch blast on something. So he has a lvl in warlock. We had some tips that the god in our setting liked him so maybe he somehow is a cleric as well. At the end od the session we have been informed that our npc is only 3 level. He was way too epic and rich for a 3 lvl. Im not really into dnd so do you guys have any idea how that happened?

hakaotr

First Post
What are the exact evidences that lead you to your conclusions?

So here is the thing. It's a generic world blessed with portal dungeons and further you go from the capital, the better the dungeons get. (Harder and with more loot etc.) . Like swordart. So this guy i am talking about has traveled all the way around the world and now is living in the stricted area in the capital. We take him to an adventure with us and he finished dungeons that we struggle for hours, in seconds. And our dm told he was only 3 lvl. But didnt explain anything else. I saw him using eldritch blast when i tracked him down to the woods secretly. thats pretty much it.

Dandu

First Post
You can appear to be a barbarian (wear bear skins, carry an club) and still be a warlock. And you can be favored by a god and still be a pure warlock - or any character, really. (There's even a prestige class for a cleric/warlock, in any case.)

If you think he's too low a level to have traveled so far in your setting, then ask him about his adventures in game.

For bonus points, make it clear that you think he was some squire or side-kick.

hakaotr

First Post
You can appear to be a barbarian (wear bear skins, carry an club) and still be a warlock. And you can be favored by a god and still be a pure warlock - or any character, really. (There's even a prestige class for a cleric/warlock, in any case.)

If you think he's too low a level to have traveled so far in your setting, then ask him about his adventures in game.

For bonus points, make it clear that you think he was some squire or side-kick.

We have a lawful-neutral god. Thats why i thought he might be a cleric. But he didnt seem like a warlock with bearskin. He had all the attributes a barbarian might have.

Is there just one deity for the entire world?

By attributes for a barbarian, are you talking str, con etc? Or are you talking about his mannerism, etiquette, and attitude?

Is it possible it's a home-brew class? Also, what edition is this? Your post is just labelled "general".

hakaotr

First Post
Is there just one deity for the entire world?

By attributes for a barbarian, are you talking str, con etc? Or are you talking about his mannerism, etiquette, and attitude?

Is it possible it's a home-brew class? Also, what edition is this? Your post is just labelled "general".

There are people who believe in other gods too but there is one major god who blessed our world.

I am talking about both actually. In a way of manner and in str and con. He is a dim fellow who can split the head of a mountain troll without effort.

It's 3.5 and we mainly use core books. I'm not really sure if it is home-brew. Our dm said that i can find out how this happens if i look into it.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Well, if he's a warlock, he's already using non-core books (specifically Complete Arcane). Warlocks are built on Charisma instead of Int. Is it possible that his ranged attack was something other than Eldritch Blast? If he's strictly a Barbarian/Cleric, maybe one of his domains nets him an EB-similar ranged attack?

Our dm said that i can find out how this happens if i look into it.

I think you just found your next adventure hook. This person has strange powers, is possibly blessed by some strange deity, and, despite his inexperience, can face the greatest perils in the land! Perhaps he is the harbinger of some new god? Is he the vanguard of an invading demonic force? Or is he just incredibly lucky?

Remove ads