• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 3 months in and 7 to go - will YOU switch to 4e?

How will my game be affected by 4e?

redmagerush

First Post
I'll have to say that no, I won't switch to 4e from 3.5.

Mostly because I don't play DnD currently but plan on picking up 4e.

I like what I've seen of it so far. I don't think it will become my main system, but I do think it could lead to me liking DnD again for the first time in a long time.

Khairn

First Post
After being on pins & needles for months on end about the release of 3E, I admit that I'm still surprised that I haven't been able to get to that same level of excitement with 4E. I'm stoked about other games that are being released, but WotC's latest efforts leave me feeling 'meh.

So I guess I'm still sticking with 3E and my other games.

3catcircus

Adventurer
Based upon what I've seen so far and the amount of money I already have invested in BECMI/1st/2nd/3.x stuff, I'll be skipping it for the most part. So far, the general "buy it, you'll like it - its better than crack" attitude coming from WotC (and the fact that they have the gall to charge $19.95 for a "preview" book that doesn't) leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If there happens to be a good FR or Eberron book full of non-mechanics information that isn't already covered, I might buy it (i.e. if they release another Sharn or Waterdeep product, I won't be buying it.)

Frankly, the best thing that could happen would be if no one buys 4e stuff, WotC becomes extremely devalued, and Hasbro sells them to someone who cares about making an update to a good RPG - an update that respects its origins.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads