• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [3.P] Gunslinger (Pistolero/Mysterius Stranger) // Alchemist (Grenadier)

ImperatorK

First Post
(I know that Pistolero and Mysterius Stranger shouldn't stack by RAI, but meh, it's not an overpowered class or combination, so I'm making an exception.)

Gestalted Gunslinger and Alchemist. Not yet sure were I want to take the character. I'm trying to make him work from 1st level onward so that he's reasonably effective on any level.
I was thinking about maybe focusing on bombs + Explosive Missile discovery, at least at earlier levels.
He will be using revolvers (as soon as he's able to make them). TWFing revolvers also sounds cool, and unlike melee, with touch attacks he's more likely to hit even with the penalties, although per RAW a revolver is a one-handed weapon, so maybe the penalties will be too big, I dunno.
Is it worth to take Pistolero if I will be using primarily revolvers, BUT sometimes, in some circumstances will shoot a rifle?
Is there any synergy between Gunslinger and Alchemist?
What archetype should I take for Alchemist? I'm thinking Grenadier.
I'm going for a character who is an inventor (from a family of inventors). His grandfather made one of the first (early) firearms and he improved them into advanced firearms (so they're quite unique in the setting, the ones he made are the only prototypes, for personal use only for now).
I don't mind suggestions for magic items, but would like the character/build to not be too dependent on any specific gear selection.
I'm not averse to magic per se, otherwise I wouldn't be taking Alchemist, but the character is more like an engineer/mechanic than a spellcaster. Sure, he'll use his formulae and stuff, but nothing overly magical (like growing an arm for example).

It would be my first time doing anything with both of those classes, so this is a request for optimization tips and suggestions for what to do with this combo in general. If there's anything I misses that is important or I'm unclear somewhere (which I probably am) don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Remove ads