• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

30 Days of Night

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
It certainly was intense. I didn't agree with the ads that said it was the "scariest vampire movie ever," though. Still, it was an entertaining two hours.

I definitely saw Sam Raimi's hand in some of the gore. He has a certain...style...if you will, even if he's only producing.

JediSoth

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
For me It was exactly what I would expect from a vampire movie that takes place when there will be 30 days of nights. Nothing too surprising.

The Vampires were well done and the movie was quite intense.

Maybe a 3.5/5. A decent movie but nothing earth shattering or mind blowing.

Methinkus

First Post
great movie SPOILERS

I enjoyed the movie except for two things:

The disappointing 'final fight'

and

It would have been even better if the vampires had more developed backgrounds and personalities. I get that that wasn't what the filmmakers were going for (they were going for gore) but for all intents and purposes the vampires could have been replaced by man-eating wolves and it would have been almost the same movie.

Still, good scary two hours of well used gore and I do not miss my $10

FreeXenon said:
For me It was exactly what I would expect from a vampire movie that takes place when there will be 30 days of nights. Nothing too surprising.

The Vampires were well done and the movie was quite intense.

Maybe a 3.5/5. A decent movie but nothing earth shattering or mind blowing.

At this point for me, the measure of whether I like a movie is whether it sucks. So many movies just flat-out suck these days that if one manages to simply be competent, I will sing its praises. 30 Days of Night managed not to screw anything up which apparently is hard to do in Hollywood these days.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I liked it a lot. Savage, monstrous vampires from The Old World, their human Renfield, the environment.. lots of cool scenes and such.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I liked it as well.

I was happy to see a Vampire movie where the Vampires were bloody and dirty and nasty, and not dressed as Victorian aristocrats being snotty to everyone.

Remove ads