• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

30th Level Adventure in the next DUNGEON mag!

Emirikol

Adventurer
I was just checking out #122 and I saw that there will be a 30th level adventure in the next DUNGEON. "Epic." Do people really play campaigns like that anymore?

jh

Crothian

First Post
ya, there are quite a few people on these baords alone that do. And I actually think more people are playing games like that now then ever did in the previous editions.

Timeboxer

Explorer
Yep. There are also people who play eight-player all-gestalt games, too.

Personally, I'd like a copy of the next Dungeon magazine for the Level 30 adventure (and the Eberron adventure minipath) -- mostly because I figure it's one of those things that I can pull out on the off-chance I ever need it. Level 30 adventures don't show up all the time, after all.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I'm in a group of chars in the low 20's. DM's doing a great job of keeping it challenging. We do see the end of the campaign approaching, though.

Glad to hear that Dragon is going to Level 30. So many adventures are geared towards low to mid level characters that it can be hard for a DM to get quality ideas that have actually been tested. (Dragon does playtest, right?)

I'd like to think, as Crothian stated, more people are playing higher level games than ever before. True, D&D 3.0 + definately gives PCs more of an opportunity to play into higher levels. However, I am constantly amazed at how many people would rather play low level than high. This is even true amongst many very experienced gamers that I know.

I really feel that it is time to up the ante in terms of making adventures/products for higher level PCs and Campaigns. Epic level stuff seems like a relatively unexplored territory compared to non-epic stuff and, as one poster mentioned here, ideas for Epic stuff are hard to pull out of your hat at a moment's notice.

jrients

First Post
Angel of Adventure said:
However, I am constantly amazed at how many people would rather play low level than high. This is even true amongst many very experienced gamers that I know.

For me it's a vicious cycle from years of starting at 0 xp. I play a lot of low-level stuff so I feel more comfortable running low-level games so I end up playing mostly low-level games so I feel more comofortable running low-level games. I'm trying to break this habit with my next campaign and actually do some high level stuff.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Emirikol said:
I was just checking out #122 and I saw that there will be a 30th level adventure in the next DUNGEON. "Epic." Do people really play campaigns like that anymore?

jh

Yes, yes they do. :)

Lasher Dragon

First Post
Crothian said:
ya, there are quite a few people on these baords alone that do. And I actually think more people are playing games like that now then ever did in the previous editions.

Really? It's been my experience that in older edition games I and others I play with used to have "god characters" much more often back then than now. Hell nowadays it seems like everyone gets to around 15th level or so and next thing ya know we are all starting a new campaign at 1st level... which annoys me to no end - GIVE ME THE GOD CHARACTERS!!!! LOL

VorpalBunny

Explorer
I'm looking forward to it, mainly 'cause as a DM my brain tends to seize up around 15th-level or so. My players are talking about taking their Eberron characters to epic levels, so I'm grateful for any epic adventures that come along.

Remove ads