• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3rd Edition Classic Dungeon Crawl

RChicken

First Post
tiptoe

Tiptoe will push against the door with full force and attempt to push his shortspear and body into the opening of the door to keep it from being closed.

If he can, Tiptoe will also attempt to push the key from the keyhole (or whatever object obstructs his vision) if the hole is large enough for his fingers to reach. If not, he will push with force primarily directed at the spot the keyhole is hoping to cause the object in it to fall out.

If you need a strength ability check, I made one to save time... otherwise ignore the following roll:
Strength Check: 11 (14-3 mod) (http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Tiptoe#61823)

Mithreander

Explorer
Tiptoe forces the door open, getting his shoulder through with his spear. On the other side of the door is a well lit hall running in both er directions, other doors to rooms or cells are appearant.

Breathing in his face is a large 6' tall orc whos straining to close the door on the struggling dwarf. Upon seeing th dwarf he wells once more, "Kelisma de'hortinae!!! Kelisma de'hortinae!" towards the passage behind the dwarfs emerging head.

RChicken

First Post
[tiptoe] rats

Tiptoe responds with some confusion to the orc, but continues his struggle with the door.

Orcs and goblins in the caverns of a small town like this? I truly hope my companions live... this may be too much for Gnash, Munch, and I alone

As the orc shouts again and again, Tiptoe scowls. "Move!" he barks, doubting the orc will listen but hoping it will at least quiet him and stop him from calling attention to the two of them.

I wonder if he's afraid of rats.
Tiptoe inwardly grins at this idea, but banishes it from his mind. What is he so worried about? I searched the room... well, the floor, at least, and since I came through the ceiling I doubt there is anything to fear.

If he can make room enough, Tiptoe will push the door open to allow Gnash or Munch to pass through, giving them the command to attack though Tiptoe plans to subdue the orc rather than kill it.

Mithreander

Explorer
Tiptoe

Moving his leg a little, he makes enough room for the rats to slip through the opening that his broad body has opened in the doorway. Gnash and Munch quickly follow the command of their pinned friend and attack the orc, who pulls away from the door in surprise at the suddon attack. Gnash leaps forward and catches the orcs studded leather armor with it's teeth, ripping it while Munch has better luck connecting, drawing blood from the orcs leg.

Tiptoe finds that he can move through the door without an issue.

The orc grabs the longspear he was trying to wedge against the door, but the long weapon is inaffective against the close rats and tiptoe... right now at least.

Tiptoe hears noise from the hall behind him of running feet, but it only sounds like one pair.

Faust turn out into the hall once more to see... nothing. It seems that the goblin has fled. He does hear the others on the other side of the pit snore.

RChicken

First Post
[tiptoe] the more the merrier

Tiptoe will stay as close to the orc as possible to attempt to keep it from being able to utilize it's weapon: he will strike at the orc with his shortspear, glad to be free of the enclosed room.

With more coming, I can't afford to be careful...
Attack Roll: 15 (http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Tiptoe#61974)
Damage Roll (if I connect): 3 (http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Tiptoe#61975)

Note: Tiptoe is more concerned with escaping from the orc than from killing the orc: if he can knock the orc down or out he'll use the chance to escape.

If the orc should fall, Tiptoe will look for a key in the door to the room he just escaped from and take it with him... if there is a door to the hall where he hears footsteps, he will attempt to use the key to lock the door.
If there is no key or the door doesn't lock (and the orc falls) , Tiptoe will wait in the room for the footsteps coming his way to appear.

Of course, if it's still standing he'll continue his assult! Rawr!

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
The orc falls. Tiptoe looks for the key in the door, and seeing none, pulls open the door once more, and enters the room, signalling to his rat companions to join him and shuts the door behind him.

Soon he hears the foot steps come from down the hall and stop on the other side of the door. A low voice mutteres something, and then pauses. It's boots scrape on the floor. The door starts to pull out.

Remove ads