• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3rd Edition Classic Dungeon Crawl

RChicken

First Post
[tiptoe]

OOC: bond. james bond
I actually meant that I would stay in the room where the orc was if there was no key, but I'll play it as it goes.
-----------------------

As the door begins to open, Tiptoe will take a deep breath and run into it in an attempt to knock down the being opening the door on the other side.

fighting is exhausting

WhatKu

First Post
I could be back home, at the bard college. But noooooooo, I had to burn down half the bloody school. Gods, I wanted to write about this stuff, not live it
"We didnt have goblins in the desert either"
If possible, Faust will jump across the spike pit. If he feels he cant make it easilt [read taking 10], he waits.

Mithreander

Explorer
Tip Toe Tip toe hears a crash from the other side of the door as the creature/thing is knocked back into the opposite door from the force of Tiptoes charge (or more probably from surprise).

Everyone else

Faunt looks across the 10' pit and knows that if he tries to jump it, there was a very good chance of him missing it.

The goblins on the other side are still snoreing, however, Dagart hears something from the western hall down by the stairs!

RChicken

First Post
[tiptoe] on the move

I need to get out of here.

Tiptoe hurridly steps through the open door, ready to attack whatever lies on the other side, calling the two rats behind him.
He'll keep an eye open in case the orc isn't dead as well. If the two are both disabled, he'll take a moment to search the two of them for keys of any sort.

(Does the door to the dark room Tiptoe fell into have anything in the keyhole on this side, or was it just blocked by the object that fell?)

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
The orc that was nocked back is still on his feet and ready to repell Tiptoe as he comes through the door, however the orcs shortspear only scrapes the rugged dwarfs hide.

OOC: I'll give you the other information when Tiptoe is less distracted.

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: I'm still doing party experience, even if you do get seperated. I hope that is not a problem, but if it is, then let me know and I'll change it if the majority of you decide you do not like that.

Tiptoe launches an attakc,with his rats following his example. The two rats flank the orc (though the orc tries to attack one as it scurries by (AoO)), and from differing sides, one hits the orcs leg, while Tiptoe scratches it's chest with his spear, and the last jumps up and bites into the nape of the orcs neck, bring it down (Crit with max damage for that rat!)!

Tiptoe finds himself alone in the hall. Now that he has a chance he can count the doors... 5 on each side. He looks over the orcs and finds thier weapons, their studded leather armor, and a pouch on each of them. In the pouch one of them has a dead spider, a wood chip, piece of cord, and 5sp, but no keys. The other has a dirty piece of cloth with a painting of some creature on it (thoughit's crude and you can not tell what), a silver necklace with a pendent on it, 3 sp and a comb with 3 teeth missing from it.

Now that he has a chance, Tiptoe sees that the keyhole is full of rust and grime. There seems to be something jammed in it, though he can't see what.

WhatKu

First Post
Faust looks into the pit, and notices a distinct lack of dwarf. "Umm... hes not dead. Hes not even in the pit. What do we do now?"

Mithreander

Explorer
Faust looks into the pit and DOES see the dwarf and his two dead rat companions at the bottom of the pit, though they are definately dead by now.

Remove ads