• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3rd Level Warlock Feat

Which feat would you recommend?

irdeggman

First Post
Drowbane said:
Not everybody plays 100% RAW. My group uses a ton of House Rules, so far the RAW Nazis haven't knocked down the door :p

True enough, but the way it was phrased it did not seem as if house-rules were in play, and if they were which ones were not specified.

was

Adventurer
I voted for the extra invocation...it might take a while to kick in, but I think you'll be glad you took it when it does.

Spell Penetration. The acid & spell resistance ignoring eldritch essence variation might be great once you get it, but there are still to many abilities that will force you to overcome spell resistance, that it's really a good idea.

Drowbane

First Post
rgard said:
Just read Mortalbane...that's cool. Quick question though...It says it reduces you SLA damage against outsiders by half. Is that any time you blast an outsider or just when you goof and apply Mortalbane to that blasting of the outsider?

Thanks,
Rich

1st lvl Warlock with Mortalbane
5/day: 3d6 or 1d6 divided by 2 vs Outsiders/constructs/undead.

irdeggman said:
True enough, but the way it was phrased it did not seem as if house-rules were in play, and if they were which ones were not specified.
Fair enough :D

Quidam

First Post
Thanks for the replies, everyone. It seems so far most people think I'm crazy in what I neglected to put in the poll.

First- let me clarify: we are using a house rule allowing a feat to be taken before the prerequisites are met, with it coming into effect when the prereq's are finally met.

I'm getting a strong impression that I should reconsider the fey heritage feats- I like the DR one and the DC one...

lukelightning

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Spell Penetration.

At 3rd level you are unlikely to encounter many things with SR.

As for the leadership thing, I think you are crazy to spend a precious feat at 3rd level that can't help you til 6th level....when you can just spend your 6th level feat on it.

Last edited:

lukelightning said:
At 3rd level you are unlikely to encounter many things with SR.

As for the leadership thing, I think you are crazy to spend a precious feat at 3rd level that can't help you til 6th level....when you can just spend your 6th level feat on it.

Maybe, but there are more nice feats available at higher levels then there are at 3rd. And eventually, he will still want this feat (I think).

rgard

Adventurer
Drowbane said:
1st lvl Warlock with Mortalbane
5/day: 3d6 or 1d6 divided by 2 vs Outsiders/constructs/undead.

Ok, so the 1st lvl warlock and his party are battling a group of undead and a human cleric.

Everytime he eldritch blasts an undead, he chooses not to apply Mortalbane and does the normal 1d6 (not divided by 2).

Everytime he eldritch blasts the human cleric he chooses to apply Mortalbane for the first 5 attacks using up his 5/day uses.

Now, if he mistakes one of the undead for a normal human and applies Mortalbane to his eldritch blast, he only does 1d6 divided by 2.

Do I have this right?

Thanks,
Rich

Remove ads