• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3PP Release (3rd Party Book Release) Paranormal Power: A Psionics Option for 5e and A5e, written by Steampunkette!

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
The problem has been rectified... hurray.

Unfortunately, I can't do another print run to replace everyone's books. That's right: This error effected every book in the print run, but not my proofs for some unfathomable reason.

Print on Demand is active, now, though. So those who want to get the book reprinted will be able to do so since they already own the PDFs.

I feel absolutely miserable about this.

noodohs

Explorer
They'd make you pay to fix that? Really seems like something the printer ought to fix at their expense. I'm so sorry this happened. If it helps, I'm just happy it's out! Maybe I'll draw my own letters just for fun :)

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
The problem has been rectified... hurray.

Unfortunately, I can't do another print run to replace everyone's books. That's right: This error effected every book in the print run, but not my proofs for some unfathomable reason.

Print on Demand is active, now, though. So those who want to get the book reprinted will be able to do so since they already own the PDFs.

I feel absolutely miserable about this.
It is still not available to do print on demand.

Steampunkette

Supporter
It is still not available to do print on demand.
I see that, yeah. I got the Print on Demand approved, today, but it looks like they're taking their time with it for some reason...

In other news: The VTT Module is now available for sale!

In other other news: As an apology for the book error, every kickstarter backer who bought the book gets a free copy of the VTT Module for Paranormal Power, about the price of printing a new book when PoD goes through!

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
I see that, yeah. I got the Print on Demand approved, today, but it looks like they're taking their time with it for some reason...

In other news: The VTT Module is now available for sale!

In other other news: As an apology for the book error, every kickstarter backer who bought the book gets a free copy of the VTT Module for Paranormal Power, about the price of printing a new book when PoD goes through!
So according to their website anything that has been printed by them that has an error is replaced free of charge. This should be the case since you used them as your printer.

Steampunkette

Supporter
So according to their website anything that has been printed by them that has an error is replaced free of charge. This should be the case since you used them as your printer.
There's currently some debate over whose fault it was.

They're saying that since I didn't use PDF/X3 the error is mine. But in the proofs that were sent to me, which I approved before the print run, this error doesn't exist. And the proof was printed off the same PDF as the print run.

I've gone through the process of redoing the publisher pdf files in the PDF/X3 setup to get rid of the mistake (Specifically flattening all images beforehand so there's no chance of it happening again) but I earnestly don't know what the heck is happening.

But, then, I approved the proofs. So it's probably my fault in any case.

noodohs

Explorer
My wife used to work as an editor and she saw this sort of thing all the time. Something about the conversion process makes it lose the drop case letters, I guess? And then she'd have to grumble at the printers to fix it. She's in your designer's Discord if you want to chat with her about it, but it sounds like they made an error in the conversion and now want to blame it on you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads