D&D (2024) 4/26 Playtest: Hide Action

Stalker0

Legend
So by a technical reading of the new hide..... stealth has received AN INCREDIBLE nerf. In fact, its nerfed so hard I doubt anyone will actually play with it this way.

Passing a stealth check now gives you the invisible condition. That's great and all, lots of advantages. However, there is nothing in the invisible condition that states that a creature doesn't know where you are. Sure they can't target you with spells, but they still can know what square you're in.

So the technical reading is your invisible going through this corridor, and all the guards immediately know someone is there, and can call in reinforcements. Which of course defeats one of the main ways people use stealth.

I am sure that was not the intention, but is the technical reading of the invisible condition.

Shiroiken

Legend
I pointed this out on the last playtest packet, and it's worth noting the change was not in the survey. Either they've decided to get rid of it already, forgetting to delete it on this packet, or they've decided to keep it regardless of player opinion. I'm really hoping it's the former!

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
While I think that overloading invisible is a bad implementation and if they are going that route it needs a few more qualifiers.
I also think that concealed retains its plain meaning in this case.

Remove ads