• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Adventure -- Scourge of the Ratmen: Price reduced (and rebate)

GMSkarka

Explorer
When we make a mistake, we correct it, and we admit it.

Adamant Entertainment set the price for our first Venture 4th adventure, Scourge of the Rat-Men, too high. We've talked to gamers, and we've listened.

So, we've gone ahead and reduced the price --$14.95 for print, and $7.95 for PDF.

What does this mean for people who have already bought it?

Well, everyone who purchased the adventure at the higher price will now receive the PDF of the second Venture 4th adventure, Against the Air Pirates, for free when it is released in September.

If you'd prefer to receive something else instead, send an email to gms@adamantentertainment.com, and we'll be happy to send you a free PDF of any Adamant product.

For those who haven't tried Scourge of the Rat-Men yet, the print version can be ordered via our website, and the PDF is available at RPGNow and DriveThruRPG.

Thank you,

Frostmarrow

First Post
I've written a review at rpgnow.

Not bad. Not bad at all. It would have been nice to have rendered maps for all the encounters. It is not necessary of course but it would take the module up another notch.

The adventure itself is clicheed as most 1st level modules are. It follows the usual formula: find out what threatens a village and remove that threat via a dungeon crawl. This adventure has a gritty feel, which I like.

The weakness of the module is that the author has not taken full advantage of the 4E rules. There are no Skill Challenges at all in here. Yet there are many opportunities to add skill challenges. The DM will have to devise those himself. This is a shame because without them this is just another 3E module with updated stats.

The opposition is scary and varied yet manages to remain themed throughout. All in all a nice product but I hope forthcoming Venture 4th-modules will get fully into the spirit of the new edition.

I'm DMing it right now and we like it!

Here's my remedy for the lack of skill challenges:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4418881#post4418881

thundershot

Adventurer
This isn't a formal review or anything, but the group I DM just about finished it (they beat the final room, but haven't done the treasure vault yet).

All in all, everyone had fun. There were some statistical issues we ran into, but fortunately in this day and age, the writer is only an e-mail away. :D

Some of the encounters were pretty hard, mostly due to it being geared more toward 2nd level parties. My group, as of the last session, did make 2nd level after beating the final room, but we had 6-7 characters at all times. I think it could be a potential slaughter unadjusted for 5 or less.

The plot was pretty basic, but I have an overarching plot in mind before I even picked up this... er... pdf. It just happened to fit in perfectly with what I wanted to start out with. There's one really powerful magic item in there that I had to spend 20 minutes convincing the party NOT to try to take it, or USE it... (should have been higher than DC 30 to activate, because the party Eladrin Wizard did it) I'll just save that for another day.

All in all, the thing that really mattered to us in the end is that we had fun. Though since our group found the lair before another child was abducted, it was a little depressing at the end, as well...

Chris

Gotham Gamemaster

First Post
I did think the price was high but found myself in need of the adventure so I purchased it---and thus, the offer for the second adventure is greatly appreciated. Nice move, Adamant!

catsclaw227

First Post
Lowering the price prompted me to make my move. I put it in my RPGNow basket and will be purchasing it this week with a few other items.

Remove ads