• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Combat Playtest [FULL]

Annalist

First Post
Things I learned from this combat from Eiran's PoV:

- Having another controller on the team is very nice.
- The more defenders there are, the better. (Kozaar's first round was glorious. The ones after that, not so much. :p)
- Even a griffon can tank for a little while.
- Keeping the enemy artillery pieces blinded mitigates a lot of long range damage.
- Misses happen pretty often so any buffs to Attack Rolls are most welcome.

Atanatotatos

First Post
No more than one short rest. So if you use healing word and such, they'll be expended.
If you take longer you'll be attacked anyway. You're in the courtyard of a powerful DEmon Lord...

Redclaw

First Post
Dailies take an extended rest. You will have your encounters back, however.

Devastation spends two healing surges, getting him back to full hit points.

Init.=38

Victim

First Post
Ata, do I understand correctly that we are not going to have a chance to regain our Dailies before the next battle? Bummer!

Yeah, that was the point - 3 encounters without taking an extended rest.

Evard's time! &*(%^* It's only ranged 10.

Halford

First Post
Brudd spends two healing surges and uses Bastion of Health to grant Eiran 7 hp in addition to his surge value - I think that should enable him to expend only one surge and be full or near full.

Annalist

First Post
Oh Hal, have Brudd save his Bastion of Health. While Eiran would appreciate it a lot, he's only at -3 hp from his total at the moment. Just a lil' scratch.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads