• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Combat Playtest [FULL]

Halford

First Post
Everyone was in the burst, out of curiosity why doesn't it help the wizards? I am sure you are right just want to know for future reference.

Victim

First Post
probably moving out of order, but I better do it while I've got the chance right now! And Sharm's action won't affect anyone else, anyway.]

Sharm will stand up and shift to K10, out of the Area of Effect of Senara's "tentacle" spell, and attach the War devil using Cleave [at-will].

Attack=41, damage=20 Sharm's attack at the war devil (1d20+21=41, 2d8+9=20)

Then, Sharm will continue moving to J12.

So how many actions are you planning on taking?

Stand up: move. Shift: move (no one is in your space right now, so Sharm probably won't get a free shift for standing up) - nevermind that K10 is both in the area of the tentacles and also is part of someone else's space. Cleave: standard. Move to J12: move.

Leif

Adventurer
Victim: One Action Point spent will cover me, won't it? If so, Sharm will spend the AP, Ata. If not, I"ll have to edit more, I guess.

Victim

First Post
Victim: One Action Point spent will cover me, won't it? If so, Sharm will spend the AP, Ata. If not, I"ll have to edit more, I guess.

No. An action point would give you 2 standards and a move. You want to perform 3 move actions and a standard. So you're still an action short.

And do you really think its worth spending an AP to do that?

Annalist

First Post
Merry Christmas guys! I have relatives visting so it'll be a bit crazy around here today, but I'll try to post when I get a moment to myself.

Leif

Adventurer
Merry Christmas to you, too, Annalist, Ata, and to everyone else here! And an especially joyous, merry, and delightful Christmas to my own 4e Guardian Angel, Victim!! :D

Also, Victim, I heeded your latest advice and edited my previous post. Is it better now?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads