• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Combat Playtest [FULL]

Victim

First Post
Senara missed Sharm. I am dropping a lot of attacks on PCs, but her War Wizardry feat makes that much less risky than normal. Someone has to be killing these guys (dead guys generally stop inflicting damage btw).

Victim

First Post
Sharm won't die until -72 HP. Any healing applied to a character at negatives brings him up to zero for free first - so a sharm 1 HP away from death (-71 HP) could end up at ~58 HP with a Healing Word from Brudd (leaving two more just for this encounter), gaining more than 100 HP in a one minor action.

Oh, and most of the enemies going between now and Brudd's turn are dead, so it's not like there will be enough attacks to kill Sharm before he can get healed.

And all of this damage is apparently 7, since this is the first time he's ever been in the area of one of her spells. You're taking a bunch of damage because, A) that's what happens - there's a reason healing is quick and easy, B) Sharm's AC sucks since you opted not to take the standard masterwork bonus for characters of this level, B) his Ref and Will also suck since his top two stats are STR and CON - which is a problem for fighter's of his style. So he's easy prey for the Cambions and the Ice Devil's Chilling Command thing.

Oh, and Senara is packing the ability to cast 3 ressurections.

Atanatotatos

First Post
But Leif, it's not an attack against your PC. It is a more than reasonable battle tactic, to use which Victim has taken a feat (War Wizard). In that situation the gain was net: the chance of hitting Sharm was low because of the -5 to attacks vs allies thanks to the War Wizard feat, while it downed 3 enemies that might have attacked Sharm and caused far more dmg. Sharm is taking 3 dmg from the zon in exchange for the death of three legion devils. It doesn't seem a bad deal to me.
Victim obviously didn't mean to kill Sharm or disrespect you. I would've done the same.

Atanatotatos

First Post
This was quite unsettling. I pm'd Leif but it doesn't seem he'll answer me.
In case he doesn't, what would the group prefer? Finding an alternate or continuing the game with a party of six (probably faster) ?

Remove ads