• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Combat Playtest [FULL]

Halford

First Post
Well I am sorry, and suprised that Leif has left. Honestly Leif man if you are reading, I don't get it. This is the kind of tactic which should be used! Brudd has the capability to allow you to recover well over a hundred hp in a single turn if needed, and as mentioned three potentially damage dealing threats were removed.

I vote that we continue as is and simply mark Sharm off as dead. Unfortunate, but the party seems strong enough as is with a nice balance.

Redclaw

First Post
I think we should have Sharm continue until he's down and out. The combat was designed with 7 of us, so let's not make it harder than it needs to be. I think he could be NPC'd quite easily, or one of us could control him, if that's easier for you, Ata. That tactic isn't ideal, but it seemed to be worthwhile in Victim's game.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I think we should have Sharm continue until he's down and out. The combat was designed with 7 of us, so let's not make it harder than it needs to be. I think he could be NPC'd quite easily, or one of us could control him, if that's easier for you, Ata. That tactic isn't ideal, but it seemed to be worthwhile in Victim's game.

I'm not too keen on npc'ing Sharm, but if one of you volunteers, that's fine by me. And in any case, with only two Legion Devils left, the encounter's diffciculty should have lowered considerably, at least by-the-book; reseources have been expended though so it's hard to tell. I'll let you guys decide, but I noticed waiting for someone to npc Torment's actions did slow down Victim's game occasionally.

Victim

First Post
I'll do it.

And reviewing the character means I noticed a few more issues... His Surge and Bloodied values don't include his extra 10 HP from Dreadnought. And Carve Initials requires a light blade, so it doesn't work with a hammer.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ok, cool. From now on, I'll consider Victim to be playing both Senara and Sharm, so his turn will come up twice per round.
FYI, I have received response from Leif for my pm. I won't comment on it, but he won't be coming back (if it wasn't clear enough).

Redclaw

First Post
Hey Ata, did you remember to factor in the penalties to the Bone Devil's attacks against Devastation? Close Quarters gives it a -4 penalty to attack rolls against him, and Disheartening Strike gives it a -2 penalty to all attack rolls.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Uhmmm... You know, for some reason I was convinced that the close quarters penalty only applied to melee attacks... but it doesn't. Oh, well, Devastation is untouched in this round then.
Sigh... so many mistakes I still make...

Victim

First Post
Crap. It looks like Devastation's extra defenses with Concealment prevent it from being a crit though.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
The Winter's Wrath and cold vulnerability should be gone by now, along with Sharm's total D.

Sharm will delay until after Brudd, since I want to see what, if any, buffs or heals are used before doing his turn.

Remove ads