• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Combat Tracker Utility

evildmguy

Explorer
Mortaneus,

Thanks for sharing the source code!

I pulled it into .NET and it has files missing. I was wondering if you would be able to put them in there?

resources.resx
application.designer.vb
assemblyinfo.vb
resources.designer.vb
settings.designer.vb

I have a few other errors but I they are related to these missing files.

Thanks for the great program!

edg

_NewbieDM_

Explorer
Man, this has become my program of choice at the table, I'd hate to see it fall by the wayside.

On that note, I have a question... is there's no way for the program to pull the text of the pc powers off the compendium or character builder file, rather than me filling them by cut-n-paste?

evildmguy

Explorer
yeah, my hope was that I would be able to take the code and write the ability to import from the compendium into it. Like _NewbieDM_ I didn't want to have to do that all by hand!

I am hoping he has the other files so I can look into that.

edg

_NewbieDM_

Explorer
I'm also hoping for some good documentation. I'm trying to sell people on how good this is, but it lacks good documentation to teach people how to really use it.

I accidentally stumbled on the fact that you can assign what conditions characters and monsters cause, then just have them a click away during a fight.

A good, robust instruction manual would be great.

Oh, and telling it whether we are starting combat in a surprise round or not.

Last edited:

Mortaneus

First Post
Mortaneus,

Thanks for sharing the source code!

I pulled it into .NET and it has files missing. I was wondering if you would be able to put them in there?

resources.resx
application.designer.vb
assemblyinfo.vb
resources.designer.vb
settings.designer.vb

I have a few other errors but I they are related to these missing files.

Thanks for the great program!

edg

Ah, crap...updated.

They should be in there now.

Mortaneus

First Post
Man, this has become my program of choice at the table, I'd hate to see it fall by the wayside.

On that note, I have a question... is there's no way for the program to pull the text of the pc powers off the compendium or character builder file, rather than me filling them by cut-n-paste?

The character builder file simply doesn't have them in it. That information is kept internal to the character builder application itself, and it might actually be encrypted.

It IS possible to pull them from the Compendium, though that can be tricky, and isn't a simple bit of coding to do.

Of course, with the source out there...if someone else wants to take a crack at it, feel free. :D

soulkeeper

First Post
Marking this to get any follow ups. I also would hate to see it go away. If anyone develops further, please post here.

I have found this tool to be one of the best.

Mercule

Adventurer
I was considering adding a switch that'd let you double-click on an encounter to open it from Windows Explorer. Any preferences on where to post it? Any issue if I stuck on, say, CodePlex?

Note to whomever: Even though this isn't a big deal to add, it's not going to happen tomorrow. I have a fair amount of other stuff that takes higher priority. My question should probably be taken more as a "what if" than anything resembling active pursuit.

SarahDarkmagic

First Post
Some Documentation/Tutorial

I created a beginner's tutorial for using the combat tracker with a screencast and screenshots. I would love to keep creating these tutorials but I know it might be a good idea to have centralized documentation somewhere else as well. If it's ok, I can add some of the information to the wiki page or where ever is convenient as my way of contributing back. Thanks so much for the great product!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads