• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Combat Tracker Utility

mac1504

Explorer
I am getting the same type of error as vanexxo when loading some character files into the statblock library. I have not been able to find a common theme among the two out of the six .dnd4e files I have that are getting the following error when loading them into the statblock library:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DnD4e_Combat_Manager.Statblock.ImportCharFromCBXML_LootTally(Object& p_reader, Hashtable& p_items)
at DnD4e_Combat_Manager.Statblock.ImportCharFromCBXML(Object& p_reader)
at DnD4e_Combat_Manager.Statblock.LoadFromCBFile(String filename)
at DnD4e_Combat_Manager.StatLibraryView.pbCBLoad_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DnD4e Combat Manager
Assembly Version: 1.7.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Rob/Documents/My%20Dropbox/DnD4e%20Combat%20Manager%20v1.7.0/DnD4e%20Combat%20Manager.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently running the most up to date version of the ddi character generator (build 2254563) and am using v1.7.0 of the combat manager program.

Any asssistance would be appreciated.

bryanlo

First Post
Hey looks like someone is still updating it. Still gotta wait for Export on the CB. And hopefully there will be an export function in the MB. But glad to see this is still being worked on. Am using index cards at the moment.

DnD4e Combat Manager v1.7.2
[edit]Version 1.7.2
Minor bugfix update, until Character Builder adds export capabilities.
Fixed the URLs not importing in powers that disappeared from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1
Fixed issue of combatants dying during their own turn not triggering next turn properly.

DarkSir

First Post
Yeah, I'm still here. Just got a little distracted with getting married :) But I'm awaiting the CB export release, to see what can be done to keep the Combat Manager viable

-- Jason

Gorok

Explorer
Jason,

First of all, thank you, thank you for keeping up support on this tool! I use it for every one of my 4E sessions, and have found it to be invaluable!

A small favor to ask while waiting for the new online CB export to be cleared up. Could you please add the following item to your tool: Have the number of available healing surges for PC's, as well as the number used. Right now, I'm faking these out by adding fake daily "powers" called "Healing Surge 01", etc. equal to the PC's total, and showing them as "Used" as they are expended (quite tedious to do this for each PC).

Thanks!

bryanlo

First Post
Congratulations on getting married!

So glad you're back - while the index cards work, nothing beats Combat Tracker.

You ever thought of asking for donations? I'd be willing to Paypal you some money, tho depends on what happens with the CB and MB.

DarkSir

First Post
I hadn't really considered donations, but I certainly wouldn't turn them down! :)

I just like keeping the project going.

Addendum: I'm working on adding healing surge tracking, as requested. Here's a screenshot. I'll be releasing it as soon as I test it a little bit.

dnd4ecm_screenshot_173.jpg

Last edited:

DarkSir

First Post
I've also done a bit of squeezing on the Statblock View window, so that it SHOULD all fit on a mini, whether the max vertical resolution is 576 or 600. I've also made the minimum vertical size 576 for the other two windows, so it can be resized to fit on mini displays.

Lastly I've added an About menu, so it's easier to see what version you're running.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads