• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Combat Tracker Utility

Just want to say thanks for keeping up on this great combat tracker. I've been using it to run my campaign for a couple of months now and love it. It really speeds up the game and it's so helpful to keep track of everything.

I'm not sure if there's a way to import over the characters from the new online DDI character builder or not, but hopefully that will be available soon. I've just been using the older downloaded version to import my PC's characters over.

DarkSir

First Post
And in one of the best bits of news I've had all week, the Exported characters in the Online Character Builder WORK with the Combat Manager, no update necessary.

mac1504

Explorer
And in one of the best bits of news I've had all week, the Exported characters in the Online Character Builder WORK with the Combat Manager, no update necessary.

They certainly do; very nicely in fact. Although I found that if I straight up export a character I had prior to the update, it does not seem to load the powers into the saved file or into CM. If, however, I load the character, save it, and then export it, all of the powers come along with it.

The formatting of the powers is a bit different from the old version ( no (description) listed under the power's name), but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the functionality of the CM.

DarkSir

First Post
Yeah, I'm working on that. Please take a look at the discussion page of the wiki. I'm soliciting some input on that very thing.

Very good idea! I would suggest perhaps a video or videos on "how to" do things or a manual on basic operations for people who are new to it. How to run an encounter on it, tips and tricks, and advanced type of things.

Along the lines of the video, I know Sarah Darkmagic did a small one about this program here: http://www.sarahdarkmagic.com/category/tags/tools
You could reference that or make your own.

Oh and one other thing you might want to think about to keep people informed/up to date as to when you've put out updates is a twitter account that people can follow you on and then just send out a quick tweet when something new/exciting happens with the program. I'd follow you and the D&D community on twitter is pretty large, so I'm sure that the audience there would love to follow you and use your program as well.

Last edited:

DarkSir

First Post
Tutorials and the like are definitely on my list of things to do. I just saw Sarah Darkmagic's tutorial recently. I think it's a great idea.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads