[4e] covaithe's E1: Death's Reach

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Well then, if recruitment is open for one, then I should figure if there is a role needed. With 5 slots taken, likely not, but good to check. r1 is on vacation in the middle of nowhere for 7 days; any idea on what folks with a ? like him are playing?

covaithe

Explorer
Nope, they haven't told me yet. Cabana seems to be the only one pretty confident of what he's doing, with his wizard plans.

CaBaNa

First Post
Can we use the Epic familiars in that dragon article I can't remember the name of?

EDIT: dragon 374

also, I'm suggesting that we take a guild or tribal feat in place of the implement/weapon expertise feat. Not that it needs to be mandatory, but whomever would like to participate, shout out a guild or tribe you would like to be a part of, and we can work it out.

That means I need to ask Cov, Are the tribal and guild feats from Dragon Magazine (372/373) fair game?

I like the tribal stuff better, the midnight hunter, swift jaguar, and watchful owl tribes all look interesting.

EDIT 2: Cov, does this work, Enlarged spell, plus resounding thunder, making thunderwave a close blast 5 with -2 for each die of damage?

Ok scenario 2, Enlarged spell, resounding thunder, arcane admixture, scorching burt is an area burst 5 with -2 for each die of damage and the thunder keyword?

It's a heavy feat tax, but if it works may be worth it.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'd be very interested in playing as well, if a spot opens up or becomes available. Regardless, I'll be watching the threads

Good Luck!
Keia

covaithe

Explorer
That means I need to ask Cov, Are the tribal and guild feats from Dragon Magazine (372/373) fair game?

I like the tribal stuff better, the midnight hunter, swift jaguar, and watchful owl tribes all look interesting.

Which article are they in? I couldn't find them just skimming the TOC. I found a bunch by searching for "tribe" in the compendium. I have to say, I'm not terribly fond of these feats. It seems designed for group exploitation, e.g. if you all took the Enduring Mountain one, that's +7 healed whenever anyone uses a healing surge, as long as you're reasonably close together. Over the course of a fight, that's a lot of HP. Smells like cheese to me.

I'm willing to consider the tribal feats on an individual basis, if your backstories match up to it, but if many of you start taking the same one, I'm gonna say no.

EDIT 2: Cov, does this work, Enlarged spell, plus resounding thunder, making thunderwave a close blast 5 with -2 for each die of damage?

Ok scenario 2, Enlarged spell, resounding thunder, arcane admixture, scorching burt is an area burst 5 with -2 for each die of damage and the thunder keyword?

It's a heavy feat tax, but if it works may be worth it.

Reading the text, I don't see why it wouldn't work. On the other hand, I'm not sure why you'd want to pay all those feats to optimize a low damage at-will. Is there something I'm not seeing?

Remove ads