[4e] Divine Rituals

Anabstercorian

First Post
What sort of special Rituals might deities use to enact their divine will?

• Forge Divine Redoubt
  • Consecrate Prophet
  • Conjure Domain
  • Declaration of Divine Sponsorship

How about the ancient lost lore of the "Create Plot Device" Ritual? :)
Besides that, I could see more 'epic' versions of mortal spells and rituals. Meteor Swarm in 4E is pretty tame; Widening the effect to encompass a city is not so tame.

Hey guys! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
How about the ancient lost lore of the "Create Plot Device" Ritual? :)
Besides that, I could see more 'epic' versions of mortal spells and rituals. Meteor Swarm in 4E is pretty tame; Widening the effect to encompass a city is not so tame.

Interestingly, 4E doesn't use Rituals for attacking, though certainly you would think thats how something like the Rain of Colourless Fire and Invoked Devastation would be handled. I don't forsee Rituals accomplishing damaging effects, but certainly extensions of those effects (such as area of effect or range etc.) make for interesting plot devices.

Meteor Swarm is pretty lame, of course its not a patch on the likes of Eruption from the Fire Portfolio. ;)

Howdy Anabstercorian dude! :)

Anabstercorian said:
I suppose what I'm really getting at is, what are the strategic-level capabilities that gods tend to have in common?

Off the top of my head...

Travel...Time Travel
Communicate...Omens, Vision
Detect...Changes to Time Stream
Binding Agreement...Forge Pact
Bargain...Grant Wishes

Hey guys! :)

Been thinking that it might be interesting to have Rituals linked to portfolios that Worshippers could call upon. As well as possibly Rituals whereby a God can draw power from its worshippers.

paradox42

First Post
Been thinking that it might be interesting to have Rituals linked to portfolios that Worshippers could call upon. As well as possibly Rituals whereby a God can draw power from its worshippers.
Examples would be helpful for discussing the merits of the Portfolio-linked rituals, but the latter idea is an obvious thing for an Evil deity to get. I'd be shocked if they didn't all know something like that in fact- what else is an army of mewling sycophants good for, to an ultra-super-villain?

Howdy Paradox42 mate! :)

paradox42 said:
Examples would be helpful for discussing the merits of the Portfolio-linked rituals,

How about either in instigating or averting natural disasters: Earthquake, Volcanic Eruption, Tidal Wave, Plague, Drought, Famine.

paradox42 said:
but the latter idea is an obvious thing for an Evil deity to get. I'd be shocked if they didn't all know something like that in fact- what else is an army of mewling sycophants good for, to an ultra-super-villain?

Pawns can always be useful, especially for dealing with your opponent's pawns.

Remove ads