• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E DMs: What setting are you currently using?

4E DMs - What setting are you currently using?

• Forgotten Realms - 4E version

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Forgotten Realms - pre-4E version

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Eberron

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Nentir Vale/default setting

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • Other D&D setting (Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Birthright, etc)

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other non-D&D setting (Glorantha, Talislanta, Harn, etc)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Homebrew

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • Homebrew hybrid (with major elements of published settings)

Votes: 19 15.7%

Mercurius

Legend
A simple enough question with a poll to follow. This is not meant as definite research, but I'm just curious what the other 4E DMs at EN World are using. Obviously this question is for 4E DMs only, thus no inclusion of a relevant option; maybe I will start another thread in general.

Also, I am not asking about a campaign that is either in progress or on hiatus but "to be continued." Not a campaign you ran two years ago or one you are planning - what are you running now (if your planned campaign is imminent, go ahead and vote).

EDIT: I should have included an option for Golarion for fun, but just use "other D&D settings."

Last edited:

Finishing up a homebrew campaign, starting a Dark Sun Campaign in the next few weeks. I've taken some elements from published settings in the past but this will be the first time I'm not running homebrew - but Dark Sun had me at "Zombie Cactus"...

pweent

Explorer
Your poll also doesn't allow multiple choices for those of us running multiple campaigns. I went with Eberron as it's my longest running game, but I've also got games going in Dark Sun and Golarion.

keterys

First Post
In 4e, running Forgotten Realms and Golarion (Curse of the Crimson Throne conversion). On hiatus I have a couple other games that we might go back to at some point - the new 'default' Nentir Vale, though it got sucked into the Underdark, is one.

Plus Chaos Scar, for encounters, but does that really count? ;)

I've played through a Nentir Vale (Giants) game to conclusion, and am playing in a (new) Tomb of Horrors game in the same default, and the default adventure path (now Death's Reach) in another.

babinro

First Post
I've never experienced a non-homebrew game. Typically everything is done from the ground up except for gods which are recycled from pretty much all sources in order to remain familiar to players.

I look forward to next year when our current game ends as one of our players will try a pure Dark Sun based game. Should be interesting to see if the experience is improved by using professionally written material.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads