D&D 4E 4e FAQs on the official help site

Henrix

Explorer
Why did I have to create yet another login at Wizards, and why does it say that most of the FAQs are unavailable?

Victim

First Post
Characters get some initial amount of daily item uses based on level (1, 2, or 3) and then an additional 1 per milestone. But each daily item is still once per day; it just keeps from using lots of powers from items.

glass

(he, him)
Agamon said:
a) Heroic PCs can only use 1 daily item ability per day, period, and the additional uses per milestone are meant for higher tier PCs

b) Heroic PCs get 1 daily item ability per milestone, as long as it's from different items (or at least different abilities)

c) Heroic PCs can only use 1 daily magic item per day, but can use its power once per milestone reached
My reading is: You get 1, 2, or 3 depending on your tier. Every milestone adds one to this number. Thus an epic character after one milestone in a day has 4 uses available (less any he has already used, of course).

glass.

glass

(he, him)
Fifth Element said:
Yay! I try to log in, it tells me the info is invalid. I try to get my password emailed to me, it tells me there is no account for my email. I try to register a new account, it tells me my email is already in their database. Well done.
ISTM that an FAQ is something that should be as readily available as possible -ie, something you shouldn't need a login for (even if it did work!). :confused:

glass.

Torchlyte

First Post
Agamon said:
Okay, I thought I knew how this works, but this answer confuses me:

So does that mean:

a) Heroic PCs can only use 1 daily item ability per day, period, and the additional uses per milestone are meant for higher tier PCs

b) Heroic PCs get 1 daily item ability per milestone, as long as it's from different items (or at least different abilities)

c) Heroic PCs can only use 1 daily magic item per day, but can use its power once per milestone reached

???

b is correct. It means that a Heroic character gets to use one item power per day, plus he can use an additional item power each time he hits a milestone.

A Paragon gets two free uses, and an Epic character gets three free uses.

kerbarian

Explorer
mrtomsmith said:
It looked like they flinched. Expect this to come back soon. Is there anyone who did see it who can give us more detail?
Unfortunately, I didn't copy it down. I do remember that the first question was whether a fighter with 12 str is proficient in scale armor (despite not meeting the feat requirements), and the answer was that yes, the fighter is proficient anyway.

Yaezakura

First Post
Agamon said:
So does that mean:

???
Works like this:

An item with a Daily power can only ever activate that power once per day, period.

Normally, a Heroic Tier character can use 1 Item Daily Power per day.

If the character reaches a milestone, he gains the ability to use 1 additional Item Daily Power. But it would have to come from a second item, as any one item can only ever activate it's daily power once per day.

So for Heroic Tier characters, think of activating magic items as like Action Points: You start with one, but can build up to more. But unlike action points, you can can activate multiple magic items in a single encounter, if you have enough magic item activations saved up (and enough magic items on hand to activate).

Agamon

Adventurer
Okay, that's what I thought. But you still only get one use per item, right (otherwise, "daily" makes little sense).

Sheesh, it's explained better in the PHB than in the FAQ :p

Edit: thanks for the ninja answer, Yaezakura

Last edited:

Remove ads