• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Heroic Souls (FULL/CLOSED - accepting alts)

Graf

Explorer
Atanatotatos said:
Really, I was actually thinking of what Heian might have received... i guess i'll think about some ideas. If you have any, i'd be happy to read them.
Hmm. Hard to answer really.
Honestly the items were supposed to be slightly minor, something to give us an option later.
But I wound up using Redclaw's helm as a plot enabler, so I'm inclined to say that they're open ended.
You can pick something without too much concern that you'll be "stuck with something poor".

Should they be useful to the group as sort of plot devices (open doors you couldn't normally get through, see creatures you couldn't normally see) or useful as normal sorts of magic items, or very weird magic items or a mixture? Not sure.

I think that in some way they should be connected to your characters essential nature, but it doesn't need to be direct or obvious.

SarahRequiem said:
i figured it out today at work.

Neeloo received a key. A key made of a silvery shinny metal, decorated with what looks like a mix of butterflies and flowers. Something straight out of one of those fairytale her grandmother told her once. The Key is attached to a little silvery chain. When NeeLoo got this key, she figured it was the key to The Big Green Eyes secret lair so she tried the jey on everything she could find a keyhole on, for months, without success. she's been wearing the key as a necklace and eventually forgot about it, making it it a simple necklace.
That's a great one. Evocative but open ended.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
SarahRequiem said:
D&D and "dirty fun" -____-
Without really going any place we ought not to...
I struggled mighty with this line:
Silvi wasn't wearing her night gown any more but something that was loose and leather and a rather a bit better for traveling around the forest.
It's normal in context I say!
(And the the original line was vastly more prone to misconstruction... :/ )

Graf

Explorer
We are, I think, back on track with everyone who's supposed to be with us, with us.

I thought I would mention as well, some characters get more different longer/shorter flashbacks than others.

This isn't meant to be any sort of bias really, or to mean anything. My brain I think, tends to latch onto a theme and sit there for a while.

One thing you can do, if you want a flashback, or what have you, is to either
1. ask/suggest something on a theme or in relation to another character
2. write something up yourself, either a skeleton here or a full on IC post (there is some chance I will edit a bit, but if it's set far enough in the past, or at a vague point in time then the odds of that are pretty low).

Also...
It would be fantastic wonderful beautiful and marvelous if people who haven't could manage to get either stats or some approximation thereof up into the character thread within the next 24 or 48 hours.
(Assume you have normal sorts of gear -- don't sweat the details too much)

Graf

Explorer
Yes. I'd origionally indicated that I wanted to add people in at the same time Eldan arrived and so I did so with both Quinn and Silvi.

Adding after is troublesome and you wind up being less well informed.

Graf

Explorer
OK VV. I'll edit that in.

In my rush yesterday I dropped a line from Silvi's backstory (edited back in)
[sblock=Silvi & the snake]It was a snake, or something like a snake, but an order of magnitude larger than anything she'd ever encountered in even the darkest pits of the bramble. It came infrequently traveling from the swampy marshes in the south around through the city to the SE section where the black walls formed a labyrinth near the tower of the Geeche. It traveled only at night, using tunnels and gullies, so picking up it's trail proved challenging. [/sblock]

Atanatotatos said:
[sblock=DM]While walking behind Khazeen, Heian feels a strange feeling, and feels compelled to put his hand in his pocket. There he finds an object he had long forgotten, from his childhood, a small golden, strangely rusty padlock, that he had received long ago in exchange for a pebble. But he was pretty sure he had left it in his room, and not seen it in ages... then he hears a voice in his head, from a long, long time before: You are a Shield. A Wall, a Fort. You are chained in your role. You must not stray.

OOC: Graf, tell me what you think about this; if you this doesn't work i'll change that. My ideas are two; this could be a plot device later together with Neeloo's key (something's got to be opened, or something's got to be closed); OR, if that doesn't work, a transfiguration of Heian's holy symbol of hold (padlock=protection). Or both actually...[/sblock]
Great! Nice image. Lets say it's pretty weirdly shaped too. Either a star with six or eight points or a squiggle or something.

The mud gear is your 100 gp worth of stuff to start. Spend it if you want to, otherwise you can just pick some normal stuff and have it. And yeah, it's all this sort of mud of varying degrees of density (so you've got mud ropes, mud sleeping bags, mud torches).
Quinn (and maybe Neeloo) have a bit more about what their character's know IC.

Anyway, cue fight music and get ready to rumble.
(I suppose I'd better make up some sort of stats for Verulo... :/)

Remove ads