• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e][Paragon] Kombat Kraziness (closed)

Annalist

First Post
I'd be willing to play the Tiefling Warlord but I have to warn you that you might want a more experienced candidate. I've never built a Warlord let alone played one in a 4e game before, and I also don't own the Martial Power supplement (yet). So if I took him over, it might be a disaster. :confused:

Redclaw

First Post
All of these characters were made pre-Martial Power, so you won't be at a disadvantage that way. As for the lack of experience, that's why we started this gig in the first place. No worries, as far as I'm concerned. Who knows, you might enjoy leadership. :D

Victim

First Post
Torment is an Inspiring Warlord, so he's less complicated IMO. A bunch of his dailies are used up though.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/239327-kk-game-2-when-compost-attacks.html

[sblock=Torment]Torment
Tiefling Warlord 13
Paragon Path: Knight Commander
Alignment: Good
Religion: none
Languages: Common, Draconic
Vision: Low-Light

Ability Scores:
Str 20 (17 (12pts) +3 lvl)
Con 14 (13 (3 pts)+1 lvl)
Dex 12 (11 (1 pts) +1 lvl)
Int 16 (13 (3pts) +1 lvl +2 rac)
Wis 9 (+1 lvl)
Cha 18 (13 +3 lvl + 2 rac.)

Combat:
Init: +11 (+1 Dex, +6 level +4 combat leader)
Pass Percep: 15 Pass Insight: 15

HP: 96/96 Surges/day: 11
Bloodied: 48 Surge Value: 24

AC 25 (+6 level +6 armor +3 Int)
Fort 25 (+6 level +5 Str +1 class +3 amulet)
Ref 22 (+6 level +3 Int +3 amulet)
Will 26 (+6 level +4 Cha +1 class +3 amulet+2 feat)

Speed 8
Resistances: 5 Ranged, 11 Fire

Action points: 1

Basic Attacks:
Melee: +17 (+6 lvl; +5 str; +1 feat; +2 enhan; +3 prof.); 2d4+8 fire
Ranged: +12 (+6 lvl; +1 dexr; +1 feat; +2 enhan; +2 prof.); 1d8+2; 15/30 range

Attack Powers:
Viper's Strike - Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee ; Target: One creature
Attack: +17 vs. AC
Hit: 2d4+8 damage
Effect: If target shifts before start of my next turn, provokes an OA from an ally

Furious Smash- Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee weapon; Target: One creature
Attack: +17 vs. Fort
Hit: 5 damage + one adjacent ally to self or target gains a +4 power bonus to hit and damage

Encounter Powers:

Guarding Strike- Martial, Weapon
Hit: 4d4+8 damage, and one adjacent ally to self or target gains a +5 power bonus to AC

Infernal Wrath -
Minor Action; Personal;
Effect: +1 to hit (+ 4 to damage) against enemy who hit me since last turn, push 1 square

Shake it Off- Martial, Weapon
Minor Action; Melee weapon; Ranged 10
Effect: Target makes a saving throw with a +4 bonus

Lion's Roar- Martial, Weapon
Hit: 4d4+8 damage, self or one ally can use a healing surge (ally gains +4 hp)

Beat Them Into the Ground- Martial, Weapon
Attack: +17 vs. Fort
Hit: 4d4+8 damage, all allies in 5 squares can make a basic attack against target of choice as a free action, target takes no damage but is knocked prone

Slash and Press- Martial, Weapon
Hit: 6d4+8 damage
Effect: After the attack, push all adjacent enemies 1 square

Break Their Nerve- Martial
Minor Action; Melee 1; Target: One creature
Effect: Target is marked until end of next turn

Daily Powers:

Bastion of Defence - Martial, Weapon
Hit: 6d4+8 damage, & allies within 5 squares gain a +1 power bonus to defences. Also, Allies within 5 squares gain 9 temp. hp.

Stand the Fallen - Martial, Weapon, Healing
Standard Action; Melee Weapon; Target: One creature
Hit: 6d4+8 damage
Effect: Each ally in 10 squares can use a healing surge and gains +4 hp

Stand Tough - Martial, Healing
Minor Action; Close Burst 5; Target: You & each ally in burst
Effect: Targets regain 14 hp

Tactical Shift - Martial,
Immediate Interrupt; Ranged 10
Trigger: ally gets hit by either melee or ranged attack
Effect: The ally can shift 4 squares

Knock Them Down - Martial, Weapon
Hit: 6d4+8 damage, & target is knocked prone. Every ally within 10 squares can move 3 squares and make a basic melee attack against one target of choice as a free action. These attacks deal no damage but knock the target prone.
Miss: Target is knocked prone & half damage

Magic Item Powers:
+3 Elven Battle Hide
Property: +5 on saves against slow or immobilise
Power: Encounter: Minor: +2 power bonus to speed until end of next turn
+3 amulet of false life
Power: Daily: Minor: Use when bloodied, gain temp hp. = to healing surge
+2 flaming spiked chain
Critical: +2d6 damage
Property: 1/day +1d6 fire damage & ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
+2 Vicious Crossbow
Critical: +2d12 damage
Keoghtoms Ointment
Property: 1/day self or adjacent ally automatically end poison or disease or regain healing surge

Race and Class Features:
Bloodhunt (+1 attack bonus to hit bloodied enemies)
Fire Resistance (5 +1/2 lvl = 11)
Infernal Wrath - +1 to hit, +4 damage
Inspiring Presence - when ally spends an action point regain 10 hp
Inspiring Word - 2x encounter, close burst 10, target can spend a healing surge and gain 3d6 additional hp
Combat Leader - all allies w/in 10 squares get +2 power bonus to initiative
Honor and Glory - Adjacent allies gain a +2 bonus to hit
Knight Commander's Action - When I use an action point to take an extra action, all allies gain a +1 bonus to all defenses until start of my next turn

Feats:
Durable
Toughness
Exotic Weapon Prof. (Spiked Chain)
Hellfire Blood (+1 feat bonus to attack and damage rolls when you use a power that has fire or fear keyword
Ferocious Rebuke (if hit with infernal wrath, push target 1 square)

Iron Will (+2 to Will)
Combat Commader (Increase combat leader bonus to +4)
Fleet Footed (+1 to speed)

Skills:
Diplomacy: +15 (+6 level +4 Cha +5 trained)
Heal: +10 (+6 level -1 Wis +5 trained)
Athletics: +16 (+6 level +5 Str +5 trained)
Intimidate +15 (+6 level +4 Cha +5 trained)

Equipment:
Item Weight Cost
+3 Amulet of False Life (14)
+3 Elven Battle Hide (13)
Keoghtoms Ointment (12)
+2 Flaming Spike Chain 5000gp
Boots of Striding 4200gp
Bag of Holding 1000gp
+2 Vicious Crossbow 2600gp
4 x Potions of Healing 200gp

Total Weight: 0 lbs.

Money: 10gp

Adventurer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt pouch, 2 sunrods,
10 days of trail rations, 50' of hemp rope, and a Waterskin. [/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
I was going to share my thoughts but:
1-I lost the whole first part of the encounter, and
2-I mostly agree on what you said earlier about our tactics. So, non much to add.
A question, maybe, just curiosity. I found that Glib did better than I thought, despite not being really "optimized" for intensive combat. But on a couple occasions I got the impression you were holding back from attacking him. Maybe because I'd have tried to in that situation. Just an impression?

Victim

First Post
A question, maybe, just curiosity. I found that Glib did better than I thought, despite not being really "optimized" for intensive combat. But on a couple occasions I got the impression you were holding back from attacking him. Maybe because I'd have tried to in that situation. Just an impression?

Hmm. I know a few times I held back from attacking Glib because there was a lower defense target available. With the plants, they have two attacks, so the difference between Glib's 27 and the 25s on Torment or Starwinds means a lot. Plus I felt that the early pressure on your healers was effective and might have stuck with it too long.

And with the dragon, Glib has high Reflex and Evasion so attacking him is a lower percentage scenario - even if the damage would mean a lot if it does get through. With Hospitaler effect kicking in for a while, throwing attacks at him seemed more likely to provide healing than do damage.

Atanatotatos

First Post
True, but at one point I was really afraid that the blue dragon would retaliate by diving into him from the air when he was out of the grass. Oh well, I was just curious about you reasoning :)

Victim

First Post
True, but at one point I was really afraid that the blue dragon would retaliate by diving into him from the air when he was out of the grass. Oh well, I was just curious about you reasoning :)

I think there was one point when I was going to try that on you or Tharos with a line of Shamblers screening the dragon from the rest of the group. Then I didn't do it for reasons which I no longer recall (breath weapon? perfect set up to hit like 7 targets with burst?). Then the circumstances weren't right in later rounds since enemies died or got webbed, plus Torment was in a bad way.

covaithe

Explorer
Like Ata, I don't have much to add. It took us a while to settle into sensible tactics, and we had to spend surges and dailies that probably weren't necessary, as we didn't concentrate fire well at all.

Web was much more effective than I expected, I think it would be even better in a battlefield with more limited movement options, or against enemies that lacked threatening reach. The healing font was huge; I think we would have lost without that.

I know I'm gonna be careful with future melee oriented builds to be sure that they have a viable ranged attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads