• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

johnthedm7000 said:
Thalmin, on behalf of green-skins and oppressed humanoids everywhere can you tell me about the racial stats for PC goblins in the MM? Also, in your opinion are the racial stats for goblins in the MM in keeping with the noble and illustrious history of goblins. (I want all of the hard work the goblin defense foundation has done to have paid off)

Goblins are best served fried! With a side order of wine and beans! ;)
Well, considering my nationality, Haggis Basher!, I'm on the side of the dwarves, in these matters, lol.

On a more serious note, really do like goblins as NPCs, and didn't like how they had only negatives in 3.5 :/
hence I made up my own race of uber goblins who rely on alchemy, poisons and suicide bombers to spread fear and terror! Muhaha.

smdmcl

First Post
Silverblade The Ench said:
I made up my own race of uber goblins who rely on alchemy, poisons and suicide bombers to spread fear and terror! Muhaha.

What was the race called?

My guess contained a real-world political reference that was removed by a moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Fiendish Dire Weasel said:
Anyone notice if Clerics can use shields.

Also anyone notice if Implements were required to use Spells/Prayers, there seems to be some confusion on this.
The Cleric in KotS is shown holding a shield, but it is not listed for his armor or equipment.
Most of the Cleric and Wizard powers (I didn't check anyone else) list implementon the line that tells you encounter or at-will etc., but I don't remember reading if that meant if an implement was needed or if just could enhance the casting (I believe the latter). Never checked in the PHB about that.

Last edited:

johnthedm7000

First Post
So...in fourth edition will all fear the deadly blades of goblin adventurers, in the vein of big-ears, dies horribly, complains of names, THACO, chief, and (of course) senor vorpal Kick***o? (I.E what are the PC stats for goblins? Please pretty please with sugar and the mutilated corpses of dwarves and elves on top!)

By the way silverblade, your allegiances with those imperialist dwarf pigs have been noted....and you will soon be disposed of *cue evil laughter*. ;)

andarilhor

First Post
Just get a look in the Keep on the Shadowfell and based in the monster stats in there (and the orc preview in wizards page) we can guess the racial powers of the green races as follows:

Hobgoblin:
Hobgoblin´s Resilience (immediate reaction, when hobgoblin suffer an effect that allows a save; encounter)
The Hobgoblin can make an immediate saving throw against the triggering effect.

Goblin:
Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack; at-will)
A goblin may shift 1 square whenever a melee attack misses it.

Kobold:
Shifty (minor; at-will)
Kobolds can shift 1 square as a minor action.
(but can be a feat power as there is a goblin with it too.)

Orcs:
Warrior´s Surge (standard, usable only while bloodied; encounter)
Healing, Weapon
The orc makes a melee basic attack and spend a healing surge.

Just guessing... ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads