D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

in rich baker blog there is an update on the latest version of the Paladin challenge

http://gloomforge.livejournal.com/7438.html

For those concerned about the paladin's marking power, it's gone through a few changes, and what I'll note is that while it played a valuable role in multiple situations, I never actually inflicted damage with it during the game; it simply drew people to attack me instead of my wounded buddies.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Ian O'Rourke said:
What's the point of the Ranger's Carefult Attack, isn't that just a normal attack?

I may be getting confuse by how the powers are laid out.

It is an error that will be fixed with revision 1.3 (out next week sometime).

See post 79 in this thread.

Thanks for catching it too though - continue to scrub away and find as many errors as you can.

Verys.

Ian O'Rourke

First Post
Hah, I see. I wasn't so much pointing out a mistake more being confused. We might be playing 4E come June and I'm eyeing up the Ranger class. That power made him a bit of wuss put to the Rogue so I was a bit confused.

Thanks for the info.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Gavinfoxx said:
Are you going to add the Design and Development stuff, like the Paladin Smites?

There are some more things that could be gleaned from the Design and Development articles, but in reality it would be better to read them in the original form for the most part. "Crunchy" stuff has been extracted as best we can, as far as I can tell. The remaining articles are advice and flavor type articles that I would just replicate as a whole, and I don't think that is particularly useful.

I would add more about the Paladin's smites if they were first level powers, but since you can't really level using the preview materials, I chose to leave it out. Same thing with the higher level wizard powers. The rogue is taken verbatum from WotC article, so I did not edit out the higher level powers. We have some warlord powers, but not enough that you could make a level 1 PC, so I've left it out entirely.

If new information is revealed I will add it, but it must come from a publicly available source and be released for promotional reasons. I won't be adding any additions or corrections from publications, such as KotS, unless I get explicit permission from WotC. For all intents and purposes, the PrRC expires June 6.

Verys Arkon

First Post
FabioMilitoPagliara said:
in rich baker blog there is an update on the latest version of the Paladin challenge

http://gloomforge.livejournal.com/7438.html

Cross-posted to here
I'm thinking of adding this text to the paladin's Divine Challenge in the PrRC (PHB-Lite) v1.3. Let me know what you think.

(in special) “You must be actively engaging or moving to engage the marked creature in melee combat or the mark fades at the end of your turn.

tombowings

First Post
Verys Arkon said:
Cross-posted to here
I'm thinking of adding this text to the paladin's Divine Challenge in the PrRC (PHB-Lite) v1.3. Let me know what you think.

(in special) “You must be actively engaging or moving to engage the marked creature in melee combat or the mark fades at the end of your turn.

That's what I have been houserulling, so I'm down with it.

Verys Arkon said:
Cross-posted to here

this and keep out the damage, I would go for "if the target don't attack the paladin it is at combat disadvantage against all"

VBMEW-01

First Post
Verys, just wanted to tell you that I have kind of reposted your first post links at the head of my OCC thread. Kind of nod to community and all that.

Revinor

First Post
Ray of Frost should be Int versus Fort and 1d6+Int damage, not Dex and Dex.

Even it is Wizard spell, it is in Warlock character sheet, so you should look for +2 there.

Remove ads