• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E subforum?

glaucon

Explorer
Greetings,

I'm curious as to why there isn't a Conversions subforum in the 'D&D 4E forum' as there is in the '3rd Ed. and Older'. Perhaps it's on here somewhere, but I took a look around and couldn't find such.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

glaucon

Explorer
It's right below that one.

4e Fan Creations and House Rules - EN World D&D / RPG News
Working on variant powers? Statting up a PC race or your version of a monster? Creating or converting an adventure? Put it here!

Ah.

I get you now. Thanks.

I was looking for something silmilar to what you see under the 3E section (basically a permalink sticky).

Cheers.

I was just hoping to see what people have done with respect to the 4E Manual of the Planes. The book is (IMO) total garbage. Little but a glossed over perusal of the planar structure.

glaucon

Explorer
Funny. :) I really liked it. Another man's trash... (and all of that)

lol

Egads man. Seriously?

There was no content.
They literally 'sketched' out the arrangement of the planes, and then mentioned a few of them...

Then again, I'm coming from the POV of DM'ing a hardcore Planescape campaign that lasted 6+ yrs...

catsclaw227

First Post
Well certainly you can't expect a single medium sized hardback to have even 1/50th the depth of detail as the Planescape Setting.

That setting was loaded with almost all fluff, and though really good, was also a bit overwhelming.

I like that they glossed over a few things. Keep in mind we've got two more books coming out soon.

glaucon

Explorer
Well certainly you can't expect a single medium sized hardback to have even 1/50th the depth of detail as the Planescape Setting.

Indeed. To be fair, you're quite correct. And yet... even the 3.0 MOTP was vastly more rich than this one....

... Keep in mind we've got two more books coming out soon.

Yes, I've seen those on the schedule.
Intriguing to say the least. I must admit I'm confused as to why certain 'architectural' changes were made, so hopefully that will all be cleared up.

Fey need their own plane????
The Abyss is elemental but 'Hell' is somehow Astral???

eeek.

Inyssius

First Post
Fey need their own plane????

Yeah, they kind of do. It's mythological.

The Abyss is elemental but 'Hell' is somehow Astral???
...yes. They were angels. They killed their god, and were cursed. What, are they supposed to somehow break free of their ancient home-turned-prison in order to hike across the universe to set up shop in the domain of their omnicidal ancient enemies? Why would they do that?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads