• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] The Dustbowl (IC)

Legildur

First Post
Caden is about to move forward again, when he looks over his shoulder and sees most of the others still lagging behind. 'No sense of urgency, this lot', he thinks to himself, not for the first time since they had worked together.

CaBaNa

First Post
Rashka moves to follow his partners, but first stops to bless the dragon born.

[sblock=OOC]

Move Rashka no further than D22, with Mialucus (they are still worth two squares right?) and before he leaves the room, he will do a short prayer over the dragonborn.

[/sblock]

Cheub

First Post
Roithe walks out the door silently but blaitently, leaving anyone left in the room not knowing where he went nor realizing he was gone.

Immediately after Caden thought "this lot" he swung his head back towards his destination to see a black clad figure in the dark, only recognizable as the eladrin by the pale skin shown through the rags, and the fact that he motioned he was ready to continue.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Cheub said:
Immediately after Caden thought "this lot" he swung his head back towards his destination to see a black clad figure in the dark, only recognizable as the eladrin by the pale skin shown through the rags, and the fact that he motioned he was ready to continue.

"Volunteer bait... Generous!" compliments the scimitar-wielding elf. "To the right?" he asks Caden.

[Sblock=Actions] If so, move to F23 and peer in. On a whim, Mialucus takes 10 on Athletics, bounces off the left wall and lays a hand on the blue vein in the ceiling. Anything?[/sblock]

eblue562

First Post
As the adventurer's move up toward the intersection, they notice nothing strange other than the blue vein that travels both direclty in front of them and to the right. As before, the vein in front of them seems to trails off before reaching the left turn at the end of the hall.

As Mialucus touches the blue vein his hand feels strangely cold yes tingles softly as his touch leaves the vein. It is very obviously magical in nature, but Mia can't seem to put his finger on it's source.

[sblock=OOC and Revealed Map]

RevealedMap_E_R1_3.jpg

Not much for this update since there still isn't anything happening. Remember, if you choose to reveal more of the map, then the rest of the party MUST wait until I post another map update. The map should be pretty self-explanatory as to where everyone is. Please let me know in the OOC if it is confusing.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
It was just that one time, in that one temple, it probably won't happen again Mialucus... quips Rashka as Mialucus lands softly.

Legildur

First Post
Seeing that the others are ready to move again, Caden quickly weighs the two options, then decides that the way of power is the more likely course they should take. Seeing the vein trail off directly ahead, that means turning right. With dagger in hand, the wiry halfling slides quietly down the corridor and peers into the more open area.
[sblock=ooc]Move to F23, stealth 21, perception 24 (1d20+12, 1d20+9=[9, 12], [15, 9])
Sorry, I slightly screwed up with IC and used a comma to separate rolls rather than a semi colon.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
It was just that one time, in that one temple, it probably won't happen again Mialucus... quips Rashka as Mialucus lands softly.

"Forethought? ME?!" What a STRANGE accusation. And yet the demonic mask keeps straining upwards, canines bared... "What do *you* think it is?"

<Arcana roll on the blue root: 1d20+11=15.

eblue562

First Post
Immediate Interrupt - Room Map!

Try as he might, the only knowledge Mialucus can still gain from the blue vein is that it is magical and somehow connected to the tree seen near the entrance to the catacombs. While the cleric jeers Mia about an old ... issue from his past, the deft little halfling presses forward.

Caden peers quickly around the corner and notices the room extends around the corner for about 20 feet and this corridor is 10 feet across. He can just barely make out an aclove to the 10 feet to his left, with small pools of blood that seem to be pooling just at the entrance. The rogue also notices the corridor turns again to the right ....

[sblock=Roll For Bad Boy]
Perception vs. Caden's Stealth = 15 vs. 21
[/sblock]

Caden spots a large orc sitting near the edge of the where the corridor turns right, sharpening an even larger axe with what looks like to be a large, white, and round rock. Beyond the orc appears to be a door. Caden moves back quickly to the wall just as the orc stands and stretches, making strange grunting noises.

[sblock=Room Map and OOC]

R2_R1.jpg

This room map shows the relative positions of everyone in the room. Since the big orc (OB) did not see Caden, combat hasn't officially started. However, that doesn't mean the Orc won't hear anyone else! For now, I am also assuming that the squares are now 5 feet in dimension, meaning that Stick and Mia (due to Mia's jumping I suppose) are now very close to each other.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads