D&D 4E 4E WotC Tools dead?

Nibelung

First Post
Right, I guess the alternative is to get hold of the good old CBLoader, or Hero Labs, or something else that can do 4e PCs (I think there are a couple of programs that handle them to some degree, not sure how well). Masterplan IIRC has monster editing, etc. So you can kinda reproduce a LOT of what the DDI tools do, not for free, and not as nicely, but its at least possible.

There is a ton of character builders around the web, for any edition of D&D. They are not the main thing of DDI anymore.

Show me a replacement for the Compendium database, and I literally don't care if DDI will stay online anymore (but I'll keep paying as long as I'm using it). I really don't want my monster selection to go back into looking randomly at MM until something that is somewhat in level range show up.

SergeTroy

First Post
I've really completely given up on Wizards. I think I have a few last things to pick up from them for 4th edition (pretty minor things) and I can get that through the DnD classics. This is as good a time as any to just start up a big compilation document of this Class / Race / Power / Feat / Monster is found in 'Source' on page 'X', with some possible footnote of "watch out for the errata, in the compiled doc." I enjoyed a lot of the ideas in 2nd Edition (LOVED the Necromancers Handbook), enjoyed the Hell out of 3rd Editions brokenness and the same with 3.5, really found my place as a (decent) story telling DM in 4th edition. And that's where I'm at. WotC, Hasbro, so long and thanks for the stress.

I'd just like a decent Monster Builder. The beta offline version worked fine, but I cannot get Windows 10 to accept it. (Apparently installing in administrator mode and legacy mode simultaneously is impossible.)

Nibelung

First Post
I'd just like a decent Monster Builder.

Have you tried the MM3 in a card?

14iigl1.jpg

RedSiegfried

First Post
Just want to give props to the MM3 on a card - I've gotten even LAZIER in my DMing lately and I've run a few encounters with monsters made right off that card - just a few lines of text written down based off the stat guidelines the card provides. It's my new favorite thing for drop of a hat sessions. I keep it on my phone for easy access at all time.

I can do the math easily, it's the formatting (of the post-MM3 Monster Builder) that's a challenge. I made a monster with "too many powers" so I can delete most of the template and still get something that "looks good". The crazy monster had six triggered abilities, with triggers such as "the monster is angry" or "the monster is cranky".

MoutonRustique

Explorer
I'd just like a decent Monster Builder. The beta offline version worked fine, but I cannot get Windows 10 to accept it. (Apparently installing in administrator mode and legacy mode simultaneously is impossible.)
I've found the problem to be usually tied to having "old enough" versions of the << Microsoft Visual C++ "YEAR" Redistributable >>

You should probably try to download the older ones (I have 2005 and up however... so I'm not really going to play in there to find the breaking point... sorry :p ).

Remove ads