4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Preview Demo

Dathalas

First Post
I'm running a short 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons preview demo this coming Saturday (May 17th) at Gallery of Champions in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We'll play through a few encounters so you can get a feel for how the skill challenge and combat systems work in 4e D&D.

I'll start the demo at 3pm. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions, so it should take us about 2 hours to play through it. If you want to stick around and play longer, I'm willing to run more encounters after the demo so you can try out different character classes and tactics.

I've only got room for 4 to 6 players, so please post here or email me as soon as possible to save your spot.

I'll supply the characters, pencils, and paper. You can bring your own dice or borrow mine.

Gallery of Champions is located in Fiesta Square, straight across from the movie theater. Here's a link to their website.

I've also just launched the Northwest Arkansas 4th Edition Dungeon & Dragons Meetup. You can visit our website at www.nwa4edndmeetup.com for more information about us and a schedule of upcoming events.

If you have any questions or concerns, post them here or email me at roy [at] nwa4edndmeetup [dot] com.

Thanks!

Roy Penrod
Organizer
Northwest Arkansas 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Meetup
www.nwa4edndmeetup.com

Dathalas

First Post
I borrowed a store copy of "Keep on the Shadowfell", so I'm going to run that as part of the demo this Saturday. It's the first official 4e D&D adventure and it looks like a lot of fun. If you play the demo, you'll actually get to try the adventure out before it's officially released on Tuesday (May 20th).

Here's the text from the back of the adventure:
The town of Winterhaven stands watch over a ruined keep that was once a bastion of good in the realm. This keep overlooks the Shadow Rift, a dark scar in the world that was once a gateway to the Shadowfell but has been dormant for many years. Now, an evil cleric of Orcus, Demon Lord of the Undead, seeks to re-open the gate, and the only thing standing in his way is a small yet determined band of heroes.

We already have two players for the demo, so let me know ASAP if you want to play. I only have room for four more players.

Remove ads