• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Edition Gods

Green Knight

First Post
Those character's were for Living Forgotten Realms, which is why they worshipped Forgotten Realms gods. Amaunator and Tymora aren't core gods.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
zoroaster100 said:
If Pelor is the standard 4E god of the sun, how come the D&D Experience pregen cleric had Power of Amaunator as one of his feats?
Because that was a Living Forgotten Realms game.

In any case, I prefer Pelor to Amaunator, because at least the players will be able to pronounce the name.
PAY-lore.

ah-MAW-na-tore.

What's so hard? ;)

hong

WotC's bitch
Torog is the dumbest name evar.

Which is probably why it was the first name I thought of when I saw this thread. :(

Chibbot

First Post
mhacdebhandia said:
Because that was a Living Forgotten Realms game.

PAY-lore.

ah-MAW-na-tore.

What's so hard? ;)

My player started pronouncing it AW-mah-NAY-tore. On an entirely unrelated note, he also promptly adopted a pseudo Austrian accent. ;)

Pistonrager

First Post
Eh... Who uses the generic world gods anyway.

I'll be using my own gods. Here are some I've decided on so far...

Zagyg (The fickle god of luck, misfortune, and esoteric knowledge)
Jenkins (Saint of Glorious death in battle)
Thor (God of storms and foreigners, because he's not from my campaigns multi-verse)

Cmarco

First Post
Jonathan Moyer said:
I'm pretty sure those are aliases for Tharizdun.

Quite right. Tharizdun has been called The Chained God, The Elder Elemental Eye, The Dark God, He of Eternal Darkness, and the Black Sun... I'm sure I missed a couple of other names, but those are good for starters.

Hellzon

First Post
Commonblade said:
Kord (Greyhawk)
Bane (Forgotten Realms)
This bugs me a little. Just a little, though.
(And I'm sure I missed a lot of gods from other settings. My god info comes from the 3.0 PHB and Baldur's Gate. ;))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads