• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Edition Mounted Combat ... did I miss anything?

Stalker0

Legend
Kaisoku said:
The problem with Mounts is twofold:

1. It follows the same problems as the Summoning/Animal Friend problem. If you have a second creature you control it can take up more time at the table and thus hurt peoples feelings, or something like that..

The main advantage of a mount over a summoned creature is in general, the two work together. What they could do is just give a mounted rider a suite of at will, encounter powers that they can use. They would consume the person's action as well as the horses, so you wouldn't be getting any additional actions.

tombowings

First Post
Ok, I haven't read the whole thread, but I remember in one of the Confessions articles the writer mentioning that mounts would be a piece of equipment, just like a backpack.

Carnivorous_Bean said:
"The Book of Mounted Mayhem" or something .... :D
I'd buy it, just to say I own something about mounted mayhem......the double entendres opportunities are endless ;)

***Lest We Forget, ANZAC Day 2008***

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The only other thing that has been mentioned (but not yet in this thread) is that 'Races and Classes' identified humans as being big horse-users out of all the races - so much so that certain elements (spurs) becomes a human outfit 'design element'.

So that suggests that they may be doing -something- about steeds in one form or another.

Cheers

jedrious

First Post
Riding a Mount
Riding a Mount requires 3 minor actions per round and an endurance check of dc 10

Mount powers(as in the mount has and uses these powers)
Mounted Attack

At-will*Full-round action
Personal plus rider
Effect: you move your movement and grant your rider a standard action

Ride-by-attack

encounter*full-round action
Attack, Recharge 6
Effect: you move your movement plus 2 squares, your rider may take an additional standard action at any point in this movement

Aegeri

First Post
This is some amazing thread necromancy. Though reading the speculation at the beginning of the thread was pretty interesting on its own merits!

lindevi

First Post
Well, if you Google "Mounted Combat 4e" this thread is the second hit, so I thought I'd bring it up to speed with info I found elsewhere. But yeah, the houserules are def interesting adaptations!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads