• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(4th IR) Year 1 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Re: Arkanyl addresses Tanirith

Kalanyr said:
"You will kill my people you blithering monkish idiot! It may not be a blow to you but you will kill my brothers and my sisters, my friends and family! And you do not regret this one bit ? What kind of fool are you? You will leave this realm weak if magic ever returns there will be none with the knowledge or desire to fight the Red Death! "

We will also begin gathering food since if the antimagic is released then we will need a stockpile for the few survivors.

"Arkanyl, Arkanyl, Arkanyl. Must I say this again? Sacrifices must be made. I feel just as badly as you do, but if you cannot bring yourself to act for the greater good, perhaps you should consider appointing a replacement for the good of the people of this world. It seems your years spent studying your mouldy books have clouded your ability to use reason and logic."

William Ronald

Explorer
"Tanirth, how DARE the Dauntless accuse me of seeking power unfairly!"

"It was Hannover Fist who offered all of Earth membership in the Dauntless. Yet you condemn ME for offering assistance. Even if someone rejects my offer, I am still offering all nations of Earth aid. I will even aid those who spit in my face."

"The books issue no demands and only spread knowledge. My people need to be ready to deal with a time of UNPRECEDENTED crisis that makes the Crown Wars look like a food fight between children. Yet you accuse me of being power hungry. This is completely wrong. You seem to be misjudging me, perhaps on purpose. Perhaps the Dauntless are the ones who desire power over the Free Nations."

"It is Hannover Fist who tightly grasps the secret of the anti-magic weapon. Yet we have stood with the Dauntless. Why do you hold out such a major secret from one who shares the same principles?"

"Perhaps some of the Dauntless think they can pressure the Free Nations into joining them. I wish to start a reform of government in my lands, to grant more power to the common man. However, Hannover seems to view such plans as folly. He believes that we can't handle the responsibility of such measures."

"So perhaps he views my plans as dangerous in such times. So, perhaps he is trying to limit the freedom of the Free Nations."

Kalanyr

Explorer
" You are an incompetent none of my people will feel any better about it than I do, magic is our lifes blood! At least the Faerie of Earth exist even if it is a twisted existence! You seek to slay us all in the name of the Greater Good! Bah, we know that that is nothing more than the excuse of Tyrants, individuals should be free, to live and die! Not forced into graves by such as you!"

Mr. Draco

First Post
William Ronald said:

"It was Hannover Fist who offered all of Earth membership in the Dauntless. Yet you condemn ME for offering assistance. Even if someone rejects my offer, I am still offering all nations of Earth aid. I will even aid those who spit in my face."

"The books issue no demands and only spread knowledge. My people need to be ready to deal with a time of UNPRECEDENTED crisis that makes the Crown Wars look like a food fight between children. Yet you accuse me of being power hungry. This is completely wrong. You seem to be misjudging me, perhaps on purpose. Perhaps the Dauntless are the ones who desire power over the Free Nations."

"I condemn you for power-grabbing."

"You said it yourself, you're preparing for a time of 'unprecedented crises'. I for one don't see anything so drastic on the horizon Ardan. Perhaps this crises you're preparing for is to be one of your own making?"

Bugbear

First Post
William Ronald said:

"It is Hannover Fist who tightly grasps the secret of the anti-magic weapon. Yet we have stood with the Dauntless. Why do you hold out such a major secret from one who shares the same principles?"

"Perhaps some of the Dauntless think they can pressure the Free Nations into joining them. I wish to start a reform of government in my lands, to grant more power to the common man. However, Hannover seems to view such plans as folly. He believes that we can't handle the responsibility of such measures."

"So perhaps he views my plans as dangerous in such times. So, perhaps he is trying to limit the freedom of the Free Nations."

"Why I had no idea you felt this way Ardan. Go ahead, form your own goverment. Then watch as it falls apart. How many of your provences have allready seceded from the free nations? How many have sought my leadership?

heh, it seems you are serious. You are a good man, Ardan, but good men are seldom good monarchs. They lack the strength to make the tough decisions, that every ruler must face. You would never had had the strength to separate the sick and dying from the healthful, for example.

As for sharing the secret of the Anti-magic spell with you, you are right. I don't trust you with it. Children shouldn't play with things they don't understand."

William Ronald

Explorer
"Hannover wishes to see the survival of the Dauntless, so limiting my democratic reforms would make sense if he sees them as a danger."

"Also, Hannover, why did you NOT tell us about the side effects of the books before I released them to my people. I determined no side effects."

"What are the side effects? Can they be reversed."

"Why did you NOT share this vital information with your neighbor? Do you think so little of the Free Nations, or did you merely forget to tell us about any side effects. WHY!?" Ardan says telepathically to Hannover.

Edena: I completed my list of Faerunian Churches, minus the non-human deities and the Mulhorand pantheon. Should I post it here or in the OOC thread.

Tokiwong

First Post
Janos Audron said:
Dear Misha,

I thank you for allowing the excavations. They are very important for the Shades, since they have lost so much of their history when they were forced to flee from this place. I hereby include a list of 50 names who will do the excavation.

Also, if you care about a permanent peace treaty, I'd like you to make a draft, and we can discuss it later, in person.

Sincerely,

Janos Audron

---

Edena, what I'm going to do:

50 Shades will start a small excavation of one of the ancient Netherese Cities. They will try to recover magic, artifacts and Netherese technology.

The rest of the Shades will research ways to increase the mobility of their City.

The Thayans will start to research spells that can be used in ambushes (low level area spells with minor damage etc).

Further they will start researching Antimagic Countermeasures. These things will, using Contingencies, create a small and very short lived Antimagic Field. This will, in effect, give the wearer protection from Disjunction, (since there is only a 1% chance/caster level that a Disjunction will pierce an Antimagic Field) so that, instead of all his protective spells completely gone, they are disabled for just one moment.

The Halruaans will start with the creation of some epic level Genisis, creating a huge demiplane, large enough for an entire nation to go to, and somewhere where the Red Death can not reach them.

The Phoenix Alliance will not bother with Earth or any other Crystal Sphere. Not when there are still threats on Toril.

For the time being the Excavations will be held off till a more stable time.. thank you very much.. the Shades are sent home before they even start.

Bugbear

First Post
William Ronald said:
"Hannover wishes to see the survival of the Dauntless, so limiting my democratic reforms would make sense if he sees them as a danger."

"Also, Hannover, why did you NOT tell us about the side effects of the books before I released them to my people. I determined no side effects."

"What are the side effects? Can they be reversed."

"Why did you NOT share this vital information with your neighbor? Do you think so little of the Free Nations, or did you merely forget to tell us about any side effects. WHY!?" Ardan says telepathically to Hannover.

Edena: I completed my list of Faerunian Churches, minus the non-human deities and the Mulhorand pantheon. Should I post it here or in the OOC thread.

What are the side effects? I would think that would be clear. The books seem to cause a change in personality, and possibly increase ones suseptibility to the Red-Death. This is all theroy of course, based on observations.

Can they be reversed? Maybe. Frankly I haven't had time to look into the mater, as I have been busy with the Silver Cabal's ritual.

OCC Edit: I'm going to sleep. If anyone else has anything they want to accuse me of doing and/or not doing, it shall have to wait.

I will try and stop in tomorow morning/early afternoon, but I have a game so I won't be arround for most of the day.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kalanyr said:
" You are an incompetent none of my people will feel any better about it than I do, magic is our lifes blood! At least the Faerie of Earth exist even if it is a twisted existence! You seek to slay us all in the name of the Greater Good! Bah, we know that that is nothing more than the excuse of Tyrants, individuals should be free, to live and die! Not forced into graves by such as you!"

"Enough of this. It's no longer a question of whether your mind has been affected, that much you just settled. Go off with your isolationist faeries and talk with me when you've decided to be reasonable about saving the world."

William Ronald

Explorer
"Hannover, I have not distributed the books, yet you think so little of my people you don't warn them of the effects. The Free Nations are strong, despite your ranting that I am weak. I have not produced many yet, but now I must destroy them."

"I have the books in storage, waiting to distribute them. I was going to share them with you. However, now it seems I have to burn them. Burning books makes me angry."

"As for your remarks on my leadership, I am surprised at you. I would expect such words from the Meritocracy or others whom I will not mention."

"So, when will the Dauntless grant full rights to its people and let them have some degree of self government. Of course, democracy might be granted tomorrow by the Dauntless. Or tomorrow may never come."

"As for the crisis Tanirth mentions, we have the Red Death coming in force. If magic is banished for a while, we will need to be smart enough to fully adapt. Do you think things will be quiet without magic. The weather may go insane or worse will happen. So, there is a storm brewing. I am surprised none of you can see it. Well, I must go. I have books to burn!"
Ardan says telepathically in disgust.

Edena: I burn all the books. I redouble my education and research efforts. I continue to offer healing, refuge, food and other aid to those of Earth, Athas, Krynn and Oerth who will accept it. I send diplomats to those nations of Athas, Krynn, and Oerth who will accept them. (I secretly give those diplomats books on technology and how to use it. I will try to have Toril atone for the misdeeds of the Lantanese leadership by sharing knowledge of technology with such factions as the Grand Alliance of Keoland, Veluna, and Furyondy, Nyrond, the Veiled Alliance, and the Knights of Solamnia.

Ardan takes his hand off the telepathy globe.

Edena: How much help can I provide to Earth and the other worlds. I know I have no miltary actions now, but I want the Free Nations to help as much as possible.

If I have the ritual to banish the Red Death ready, I cast it immediately with the aid of the Silver Cabal. As soon as possible.

I see what Mina is doing on Earth. I secretly send some of the Chosen of Mystra to find the moon Solinari which no longer orbits Krynn in the War of Souls trilogy. Then, probably at the time when Raistlin detects Tasslehoff in Dragons of a Vanished moon, they contact the gods of Krynn, informing them of the situation. Tell them of Mina, the Red Death, and how to reach Krynn from Oerth.

Thus, Mina has to abandon Earth. I will make a horrible enemy of Mina, post-Dragons of a Vanished Moon but I have to act.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads