4th level monster conversion project

Rechan

Adventurer
I just want to put this out there for future reference: I want a Mist, Crimson Death. No, it's by far not level appropriate for 4th level, but I just want someone to think about that!

the Jester

Legend
Rechan said:
I just want to put this out there for future reference: I want a Mist, Crimson Death. No, it's by far not level appropriate for 4th level, but I just want someone to think about that!

One of my favorite monsters. :)

I'm thinking I'll make it at about 16th-18th level.

Rechan

Adventurer
Thought that comes to mind.

Derro in previous editions seemed like mad little bastards, all about Secrets and a race geared towards Learning What Man Was Not Meant to Know.

I think they could use some "Far Realms" flavor, of the Star Pact variety. Of that distant, cold world (with perhaps a mutation here or there). Even their "fighters" might have creepy, warlockish powers.

Orius

Legend
the Jester said:
Mostly kind of what you expect, but then add the berbalang and quickling in too. :)

Quickling eh? I was going to suggest that for about level 1 or 2. WotC beat me to the punch. :p

the Jester

Legend
Rechan said:
Thought that comes to mind.

Derro in previous editions seemed like mad little bastards, all about Secrets and a race geared towards Learning What Man Was Not Meant to Know.

I think they could use some "Far Realms" flavor, of the Star Pact variety. Of that distant, cold world (with perhaps a mutation here or there). Even their "fighters" might have creepy, warlockish powers.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking about going back to the original source material- pulp adventure stories from somewhere around the 20s or 30s. :) Creepy, deepearth-dwelling degenerates.

Remove ads