D&D 5E Project Monsters by Level (not CR)

Stalker0

Legend
Yeah, I agree that I can't see a high-level game without magic items, so I guess they'd be there in some way, shape, or form. Still, I don't know how you can even come close to figuring out what the "average" PC will have.
Especially magic arms and armor. The biggest factor here being the “resistance to non-magical weapons” being a ribbon ability at high levels…unless the creature has the means of generating anti-magic fields or something where that ability is likely to kick in

dave2008

Legend
Yeah, I agree that I can't see a high-level game without magic items, so I guess they'd be there in some way, shape, or form. Still, I don't know how you can even come close to figuring out what the "average" PC will have.
I better there is some information I could find, but I am really just talking about an assumption I use to base monsters on, so I am not concerned if it is 100% accurate. It is making sure everyone understands what the assumptions are.

dave2008

Legend
Especially magic arms and armor. The biggest factor here being the “resistance to non-magical weapons” being a ribbon ability at high levels…unless the creature has the means of generating anti-magic fields or something where that ability is likely to kick in
Well with an assumed magic item usage, those traits would just really be ribbons, it would not affect the monster's level.

Remove ads