D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I just hope you can finish the updates somewhere within 6 months lol. Oooh, another thing that you might want to include are the baelnorns/archliches/thorsamsonns. They're basically good liches which are highly rare and they don't have to consume souls to keep their phylactery intact.

I'm sure I can finish up the princes before then (I will even add Cryonax too). My plan is to do about 1-2 a week. Tharizdun is scheduled for this coming weekend, and since I am doing 3 stat blocks for him that will probably be all I get done. After that, I will do the elemental princes. It should take me about 1-2 weeks to get Ogremoch, Cryonax, Olyhydra, and Yan-C-Bin completed.

I am not familiar with the baelnorns/archliches/thorsamsonns. Do you have a source book I could reference for more information?

zingbobco000

Explorer
I'm sure I can finish up the princes before then (I will even add Cryonax too). My plan is to do about 1-2 a week. Tharizdun is scheduled for this coming weekend, and since I am doing 3 stat blocks for him that will probably be all I get done. After that, I will do the elemental princes. It should take me about 1-2 weeks to get Ogremoch, Cryonax, Olyhydra, and Yan-C-Bin completed.

I am not familiar with the baelnorns/archliches/thorsamsonns. Do you have a source book I could reference for more information?

Yes I do, there's the Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerun (pg 90) there was also an epic destiny for it in 4e from Arcane Power (pg. 143). Also that sounds great! I can't wait to see it.

dave2008

Legend
I was wondering about your Balor Lord. Is Belaphoss already stated, or is that your own take on the "Super Balor"?

I heard he was going to be stated, but I haven't seen it yet. So, yes this my take. It is actually derived from the Pathfinder balor lord and a picture of Belaphoss. I made it before I knew Belaphoss was a unique character that was (maybe) going to be stated and I just called it the Balor Lord. I added the Belaphoss part after I found out the balor in the picture has a name. My point is, I don't know if the official Belaphoss has any additional or unique abilities. If it does I will revise the balor lord when I get a chance.

Belaphoss will be getting his stats in the next issue of Dragon + Current info about him is that he is a general of Demogorgon that has ambitions to surpass him.

dave2008

Legend
Belaphoss will be getting his stats in the next issue of Dragon + Current info about him is that he is a general of Demogorgon that has ambitions to surpass him.

Thank you, I thought I had heard that somewhere. Any idea when the next Dragon+ will be coming out? I will be sure to check it out and see if my version needs some updating.

dave2008

Legend
I've added an optional rule called "Colossal Attacks" to the Primordial category (under "Colossal"). I've been wondering about the best method to handle the massive attacks of these enormous titans and I think this is a simple solution.

Also, I had planned to make Tharizdun this weekend. I have started him, but he is going to take more time than I anticipated and I have a busy weekend than originally planned. I will get him posted next weekend and then the elemental princes of evil after that.

dave2008

Legend
I want powerful creatures to be able to overcome the resistances and immunities of lesser entities so I have added the traits Divine Might to the god characteristics and Primordial Might to the primordials. I might add it to other groups of creatures (arch-fiends) too, but I haven't decided yet. I don't want everything to be the same.

dave2008

Legend
I have upload a draft of Tharizdun. Tharizdun is a tricky god, and I didn't have a good feel for him and his powers. The more I researched the more undecided about his direction I was. In some depictions he is humanoid and others he is more of a lovecraftian horror. Personally I envision him as an enormous wraith of madness and annihilation. So that is what I ran with.

He is a draft of three versions of the god of annihilation: imprisoned, standard, empowered. I would like to add more abilities, options, powers to the empowered (even the artifacts that empower him) but my creative juices ran out. Any suggestions and contributions on how to improve him are very welcome.

Remove ads