D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
Hey man, I think you did a great job with Tharizdun, will definitely use the stat block if the opportunity presents itself.

Glad you like him. I still think it could use some tweaking, but it is a start. Ideally I would add the artifacts that empower him and some divine actions (see the Tiamat entry), etc. But this is a good start.

zingbobco000

Explorer
I have upload a draft of Tharizdun. Tharizdun is a tricky god, and I didn't have a good feel for him and his powers. The more I researched the more undecided about his direction I was. In some depictions he is humanoid and others he is more of a lovecraftian horror. Personally I envision him as an enormous wraith of madness and annihilation. So that is what I ran with.

He is a draft of three versions of the god of annihilation: imprisoned, standard, empowered. I would like to add more abilities, options, powers to the empowered (even the artifacts that empower him) but my creative juices ran out. Any suggestions and contributions on how to improve him are very welcome.

I agree, he is very hard to visualize and come up with a stat block for. One idea that I think might be interesting is having the Dissonant Whispers be upgraded, not really level-wise but more like Orcus' animate dead bonus ability how it allows him to not require it to be cast at night or something similar. The idea of this might be maybe that he can control where the controlled target moves, or affect multiple targets. Also, for a more lovecraftian version maybe give him a frightening presence but also immunity to the frightened condition.

I've added my Ogremoch update. It is a mash-up of the 4e and 5e versions.

I think this is a cool upgraded version, one thing I think might be important would be to allow Ogremoch to control where the fissures come from. I really like his petrifying abilities, they fit in really well with his control of stone.

dave2008

Legend
I agree, he is very hard to visualize and come up with a stat block for. One idea that I think might be interesting is having the Dissonant Whispers be upgraded, not really level-wise but more like Orcus' animate dead bonus ability how it allows him to not require it to be cast at night or something similar. The idea of this might be maybe that he can control where the controlled target moves, or affect multiple targets. Also, for a more lovecraftian version maybe give him a frightening presence but also immunity to the frightened condition.

That's a good idea. I am working on the princes of elemental evil now, but maybe I will circle back to him when I get them complete.

I'm not really going for a lovecrafting feeling (at least not the tentacled uncaring horror type), and I switched out Frightening Presence for Dominating Presence, because I see him more of a schemer and controller than someone who just frightens. That being said, I think the idea still works for Thariz. But with dominating presence and the aura of madness, I just don't think it is needed.

I think this is a cool upgraded version, one thing I think might be important would be to allow Ogremoch to control where the fissures come from. I really like his petrifying abilities, they fit in really well with his control of stone.

That is a good idea as well. Any suggestions on how that should work? Before I post the rest of the elemental princes I am going to review them all and make any needed tweaks. So this is definitely something I can add soon.

dave2008

Legend
In tribute to the most recent issue of Dragon+ and the official stats for Belaphoss, I have updated the balor lord (Belaphoss) to incorporate some of the official traits/actions of this demon. Also of note, I removed his legendary actions and instead provided him with bonus actions, reactions, and more multi-target options. Let me know what you think.

dave2008

Legend

I add upgraded versions of dissonant whispers and earthquake to Tharizdun (empowered only) and Ogremoch. Let me know what you think. Thank you for the suggestions.

dave2008

Legend
I have added my update of Yan-C-Bin to the elemental lords category. Cryonax is the last of the elemental princes. I should get to him this weekend.

dave2008

Legend
I just posted the draft of Cryonax (and some minor updates to the other elemental princes). That completes the Elemental Princes of Evil. I want to complete the demon princes and some gods next. I think I need more completed entries on the first page.

dave2008

Legend
I've posted my Corellon update draft to the greater gods category. I may have gone a little heavy on the magic flavor, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Remove ads