(5E) Frog God Games Rappan Athuk for 5E

The Frogs just answered a question about magic item/treasure levels in RA 5E

Patrick "Adam is correct with regard to Rappan Athuk. It is loaded with treasure of all kinds and magic items are plentiful. There is a caveat emptor with the magic items for players, though. They are not always what they seem. I realize that the magic item saturation will not fit in with the spirit of 5e, but that is okay. This isn't your typical 5e adventure, and the PCs will need the boost that some of the magic items bring. If you feel there is too much treasure, then you should definitely feel empowered to turn that magic sword into a ceremonial sword worth XXX gp, or strictly enforce the number of items that a character can have attuned at a time."

"On magic and gold.

I try to make plenty of risk/reward here. A very dangerous place with lots of (usually well hidden or used by bad guys) magic items may seem like the Price is Right.

Remember though, bandits stalk the exterior of the dungeon exits.

You gotta use them. I took this idea from Gamelords Thieves Guild issue 2 and treasure vaults of Lindoran.

Lots of loot inside, lots of bad guys that rob you outside.

I like to make up new items and creative treasures as well.

Old D&D also is much more item heavy than 5e. One can always lessen the stuff found.

Between the bandits, the risk and the DM’s ability to modify, as well as the fact that most items are well hidden, it should be fairly essy to bslance/modify to suit your needs.

Keep in mind I don't give XP gor combat, so gold is XP (along with story awards)

Bill"

Love the idea that this not your normal 5E adventure - Monty haul treasure aligned with Grimsworthy level traps and encounter number 3-300 (1E style) enemies! There are heaps of 5E balanced adventures and dungeons out there, you can go a little wild with this. PCs get powerful, but man they'll need it!

J.R. Baker

First Post
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, March 30 2018 7:48 PM CDT.

$121,645 pledged of $30,000 goal

1,299 backers

4 days to go

J.R. Baker

First Post
Coming up on the 48 hour countdown. Get your copy so you can lead your players Down the Well!

Can we get to 1500 backers?

$128,455 pledged of $30,000 goal

1,411 backers

50 hours to go

Remove ads