• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: And we're back. To recap:

The headmaster wants you to check out a family, the Hercules, who live in Oakhurst. It is winter here. The family is owed a favor by the Headmaster, and you have been sent as payment. You have no idea what it is about, which is fortunate for me as I am planning on something much shorter, and more interesting for me, for this adventure than doing Sunless Citadel, which for some reason just never interested me much.

You are currently in the Inn, aptly named The Inn. I'm fast forwarding just a smidgen until everyone is in bed. Quentin, at the bar most of the evening, may roll a Persuasion check to see what he found out about the town, if anything.

And everyone make a Perception check!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Close enough.

The Inn is warm, and even the rooms are well heated. Quentin strikes up a conversation with a burly man, named Opsin, who says he's a trader from the south. He's charming and witty, and their conversation goes quite well. He learns little gossip, though. The Hercules are a prominent family, and when Opsin talks about them, he gets a smile on his face that makes it seem as if he knows things he's not telling. Other than that, most of what he talks about is dangers he has supposedly faced on the road.

A few hours later, everyone is asleep as a chill passes through the air, emanating from the hallway. It passes one door, then the other, lowering the temperature in the room enough to waken even the Quentin, who is sleeping off the night's revelry.

[sblock=Jordy and Mim]
A strong Necromantic Aura accompanies this cold snap, recognized because of Mim's connection with magic, and Jordy's previous experiences.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dariana]
The elf was finished with her Reverie by the time the cold snap appeared, and clearly felt an Aura of Necromancy emanating from the hallway. A scraping sound moved down the hall, away from her room.

Then it stopped.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads