• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E modifications I have made

tuxedoraptor

First Post
Rather than reviving my old thread, I decided to make a new one. That thread still has viable houserules but I do not use them anymore.

variant humans get +2 +2 to any two stats they wish.

Trickery domain cleric gets martial weapon proficency and their divine strike ignores resistance and downgrades immunity to resistance.

Clerics do not get detect magic, they get heroism instead.

Warlock invocations have been altered slightly.
Any warlock invocation that costs a spell slot and a long rest no longer costs a spell slot for the FIRST casting. The second casting costs a spell slot.

New invocation for warlocks: Inexorable shadows, 15th level
Whenever you cast a spell that does necrotic damage, it ignores resistance and downgrades immunity to resistance

Hex has been modified so the duration is now always one hour, but the damage scales in the same manner.

tuxedoraptor

First Post
I modified the draconic sorcerer bloodline out of natural tinkering. The same level you get elemental attunement, you get the power to expend sorcerery points equal to the spell slot level to ignore resistance or double that number to reduce immunity to resistance. Also, whenever I say something is reduced from immunity to resistance, it does not stack. If you downgrade a red dragons fire immunity to fire resistance, you cannot ignore that resistance.

Remove ads