5e Playtest - Caves of Chaos

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hob sighs, but if the dwarf wants to "find" all the traps, that his prerogative. He slips in behind stealthily.
OOC: I can hide behind him, don't you know? Stealth 16

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Slysa follows behind, bemused with the actions of his "partners". He has been uncharacteristically quiet for a dwarf, all the more off-putting by the bizarre patterning of his armor.

As he walks, with his hand on the haft of his axe, he continually looks behind him to make sure that there are no surprises coming up from behind them. Oddly, every door or passage that they go down, Slysa pulls a piece of chalk out of his belt and makes a notation on the well.

OOC: The patterning on his armor looks a lot like a suit and tie.

renau1g

First Post
The dwarf bravely marches about 15 feet forward and comes unhindered to the junction of the three paths. Mijab's torch illuminates the branching paths. The one to the east appears to branch out to a larger room. From the shadowy light that the torch gives off, you can see a group of goblins standing around a table, with benches on either side, a keg on top, and a barrel of spears near them!

A small tunnel spreads off the main path to the east, but from your angle you can't see it.

[sblock=ooc]
I think I did this right. torch gives normal light to 20' and shadowy light to 40'. I couldn't find what "shadowy light" actually is? Anyways, initiatives! Goblins rolled a 13.

Goblins are 30 feet away currently. We'll try no battlemap and see....
[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
OOC: As far as I can tell, shadowy illumination just means that rogues can hide in it (not from anything with darkvision, of course, but from the rest of us).

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Talking part.

Slysa unhooks his axe and strolls forward confidently, resting his axe over his shoulder as he stops about 20 feet away. In common, he starts speaking to the goblins with a calm, common-sense voice (Imagine a New York Mobster speaking) .

"Hey. I am Slysa Daface. My compatriots and I have been hired to retrieve something of value which your tribe has in your possession. I would rather not have to spend the time filing the nicks and scrapes off of my axe, so if you could see your way to just stepping aside and letting us through, or bringing someone who can make that decision, that would be appreciated."

Attacking part:

Slysa charges towards the goblins, hands out-stretched to grab the table and try to push it into as many of the goblins as he can, hoping to pin them against the wall or knock them off-balance.

OOC: Depending on how I come up in the Initiative order, pick either the talking part (if no-one has attacked before me) or the charging/slicing part (if someone has already attacked).

Walking Dad

First Post
Elephan Moonsong

Elephan isn't fast enough to stop the goblins from approaching.

[sblock=OOC]

---

HP: 16/16
Prepared Spells: Shield, Shield (p 29), Sleep (p 30)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Mijab, rambling on to Elephan about the splendors of his homeland, fails to notice the goblins until it is too late.

"Hmm, what? Oh. These unpleasant fellows appear to be in need of hearing Pelor's Truth, if they will but listen..."

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The four of the goblins within arms reach of the barrel hurl spears at Illov, but the tough dwarf easily blocks the feebly attack, the crude spears splintering on his armour, the quartet grab other spears as the glance nervously at one another.

Two others (closest to the entrance) throw spears at the torch bearer hoping that this particular dwarf is an easier target, but like his more martial counterpart, Mijab's armour holds and the spears fail to penetrate the interlocking chain.

They squeal as they retreat further down the passage, grabbing a spear each as they move past the other goblins.

[sblock=ooc]
Heroes up!

So the 4 attack rolls on Illov were 5,8,3,8 on the d20.... boo
and on Mijab... a 2 & a 10.

The two near the entrance moved away from the party and out of the torch light.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wisdom check 15]
You hear a few footsteps from the passage to the west, apparently something, or someone is attempting to be quiet, although in the darkness you can't see anything still [/sblock]

Remove ads