[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Quickleaf

Legend
Yesssss. [MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION]... you should definitely do this. I don't know if there was anyone who didn't do this!

You can see the list of existent custom magic items here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/group.php?discussionid=1346&do=discuss

Blaise has Libète's Votive Buckler and Hélène Leblanc's Engagement Ring
Katerina has Andalusian Corsé de Gracia and Blackheart’s Scope
Nia has Agwe’s Brass Nave and Mama Caille’s Recipe Book

The others were created for retired PCs, rival NPCs, or conversions from the Skull & Bones Green Ronin book.

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
Welcome to the world of Pirates [MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION]! Thanks for giving me *another* non piratey type to keep in line. At least pirates keep to the pirate code, si???

Blaise is really easy to keep in line. Give him some gold and booze and let him murder every slaver he meets and he'll be just jolly. Simple really.

Jago

Explorer
Taking Queenie's advice and some assistance on fleshing out my character (thank you very kindly!), I have sent you a PM, QL, on what I'm looking to do.

Meanwhile, here is my current sheet for others to peruse as I hammer out the last details, though that should really only be 2 more Fortunes.

Kazimierz "Kazik" Wielislaw

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION] So you mentioned you wanted to pick up the Magic Trinkets fortune...the variant where I choose 2 magic items...

The first - Adalbert's silver cross – was very easy for me to come up with. The 2nd...I'm a bit strapped for ideas at the moment...might be because I've got a lot on my plate, or it could be cause you're playing a "stranger in a strange land" type PC. Maybe someone has a suggestion?

Adalbert’s Silver Cross
Wondrous item, rare (requires attunement by a cleric or paladin)

While wearing this silver cross depicting the martyrdom of Saint Adelbert of Prague about your neck, you gain the following benefits:
  • Your saving throws against dehydration, starvation, and disease have advantage.
  • You add the following 1st-level cleric spells to your class list: create or destroy water, healing word, and sanctuary. You also add the following 1st-level paladin spells to your class list: compelled duel, divine favor, and heroism.
  • When you use Channel Divinity (Champion Challenge), you may choose to challenge just one creature that can understand you (instead of all creatures within 30 feet); that creature has disadvantage on its Wisdom saving throw if it is non-Christian.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I know his character pretty well, but I'm not good with mechanics. So I'll think on some ideas for you over the next couple of days. :)

Jago

Explorer
Definitely dig that cross. That's some serious Polish Paladin fare right there.

If I may? Since you've got the Super Fighting Catholic side, what about something to express the more Lithuanian-Drow side, the superstitious, the more pagan, the more careful? Or, perhaps, something stumbled across once in the New World that has to deal with his Ill Fortunes, mayhaps?

Alternatively, from the list provided, the Dueling Pistols (Los Dos Hermanos) would be pretty fitting as sort of a "parting gift" for assignment in The Caribbean. The Catholic Poles and the Hapsburg Spaniards I imagine are pretty tight.

Quickleaf

Legend
Definitely dig that cross. That's some serious Polish Paladin fare right there.

If I may? Since you've got the Super Fighting Catholic side, what about something to express the more Lithuanian-Drow side, the superstitious, the more pagan, the more careful? Or, perhaps, something stumbled across once in the New World that has to deal with his Ill Fortunes, mayhaps?

Alternatively, from the list provided, the Dueling Pistols (Los Dos Hermanos) would be pretty fitting as sort of a "parting gift" for assignment in The Caribbean. The Catholic Poles and the Hapsburg Spaniards I imagine are pretty tight.

How about this...

Shofar of the Hidden Folk
Wondrous item, uncommon

The true nature of this innocuous ram's horn is immediately recognized by shapechangers, fey, and monsters with an illusory appearance. When blown as an action, it causes any such creatures within 30 feet that are currently shapechanged or disguised by illusion to suffer 17 (5d6) psychic unless, as a reaction, they immediately assume their native form. After hearing the horn, a creature cannot be affected by its sound for 24 hours.

Remove ads