• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Fenris

Adventurer
Is it worth heading to the ship and asking/talking to the spirit? I am not sure if Nia could do such a thing. But we may get some guidance on what may satisfy the spirit to have completed it's haunting? Maybe some proof even of Van's death? Not sure if this is a viable avenue but I figured I would pitch it.

Shayuri

First Post
The sense I got from some info from the GM way back when is that Yellow Jack, like a disease himself, is interested primarily in spreading.

The fact he hasn't left the ship makes Nia believe that he's bound there by whatever summoned him in the first place; this bokor most likely. Right now I/she thinks if the former captain dies, the summoning will probably 'complete' and return him from whence he came.

However, the captain can't really die. Or more accurately, the effort of killing him permanently probably exceeds the effort of dealing with Yellow Jack.

Quickleaf

Legend
The current party is...

[MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] Katerina del Corazon, the captain – CN Human (Spanish) / Sailor / Rogue (thief) 3, Fighter 1
[MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] "Old Zef", the boatswain/carpenter/artillerist – N Dwarf (Dutch) / Guild Artisan+Sailor / Wizard (conjurer) 4
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Nia Steeleyes, the sailing master – NG Human (Mixed African) / Sailor / Ranger 1, Druid (circle of land) 3
[MENTION=6787234]peterka99[/MENTION] Etienne Rougeau, the quartermaster? – LN Human (French American) / Soldier / Bard (swashbuckler) 4
[MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] Blaise Arceneau, the gunner – CG Human (French) / Abolitionist / Paladin (vengeance) 4

Thateous

Explorer
Could we reword crossbow expert feat to replace all instances of the word 'crossbow' with the word 'firearm'? Looking at making a French Musketeer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads