D&D 5E 5E The Lost Mine of Phandelver - Full

eayres33

Explorer
Just an FYI, I am leaving on Monday for a week long road trip and I do not know what my internet access situation will be. If I don't respond in a timely fashion please NPC Salazar as needed.

tglassy

Adventurer
If Jax can't use Disguise Self to hide his wings, then that completely destroys his entire concept as a character. He's supposed to be an infiltrator. Disguise Self can make you short, tall, fat or thin, alter everything you're wearing, including weapons. I don't see why it couldn't turn a pare of wings into, say, a cape.

As for having to cast it over and over, sure. But it just takes an action to cast. That's less than 6 seconds. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, and out of combat, it would be something he would recast anytime people aren't looking. Unless we're going to play out of combat hour by hour, it shouldn't be a problem. In combat or dungeons, sure. Going to the inn, not so much. After all, what's the point of having Disguise Self at will if you can't use it?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'll modify my decision. I can't destroy a character that was up front about the concept like this. I'll grant the ability to hide the wings completely. (I'd still recommended binding them in a long term infiltration as they are still able to be felt.) I will allow for the renewal of the spell through mental effort only, so you can keep it up while you are conscious.

tglassy

Adventurer
Can't ask for more! I actually kind of thought of him like mad Eye moody from harry potter, where he was always taking a swig of something from his flask that turned out to be poly juice potion.

And as for the wings I figured they would be able to be touched, so he will definitely be keeping them tightly against his back if not strap down.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay, I'm trying to leverage my time better. I'd like to check your interest in continuing this game. On a scale of 0-5, how much interest do you have in continuing?

tglassy

Adventurer
5. I've been enjoying it greatly. Jax is fun to play. I'd like to at least see this dungeon through. Then Jax can take over the Redbrands and rule the world!

Or something...

Sent from my iPad using EN World

eayres33

Explorer
3 I'm torn, I am really enjoying the game and am starting to have fun with Salazar, I am also horribly overbooked with the games I am playing running.

Remove ads