Thief Tool:5
Known Spells 1st
Animal Friendship
Comprehend Languages,
Detect Magic,
Heroism,
Sleep,

"Ok then."

"I overheard the Caravan Master arguing with that Dwarf over there, his name is Trask Highhammer. Well, the Caravan Master - his name is Mr. Fairman Boss"
He says the name while making 'quotation marks' with his fingers, "I don't think that's his real name, it's a little 'on the nose' if you ask me. And don't say that I shouldn't tell you it's not his real name because I don't know for sure anyways and I know that I'm not supposed to tell people everything I know but I figured since we're working together that I should probably tell someone.

"Anyways, so don't be mad but Fairman Boss,"
again with the quotations marks, "Well, he plans to cut across the corner of the Black Ash Plains to try and save time. But Mr. Highhammer argued that it was too dangerous and I heard him talking about ash giants and gargoyles. I was going to ask him about the Ash Giants because I bet they can probably vomit ash and then you'd get it in your eyes and I bet it'd burn pretty bad and maybe you'd even go blind but, I didn't because I figured you'd be mad - again. Anyways, it looks like we're cutting across the Black Ash Plains anyways so I was worried about Mr. Colt's horse....and Mr. Colt.

"But speaking of books, do you think Amil knows about ash giants?"

:)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
By the time Fern had finished telling Mardoc his story, the dwarf had spurred his pony and rode to where he could find this "Fairman Boss", leaving the lad to ask about Amil to his back.

"Whas this I hear aboot crossin' the Black Ash Plains! Are ye daft?" he called to the caravan master.

Helmsman01

Explorer
The caravan master is a portly human of about forty plus years. His hair is going thin and to grey, while his face is clean shaven with puffy red cheeks and an extra chin. As he turns and sees who is yelling at him, he looks to the sky and cries out, "What did I ever do to deserve all this dwarven dissidence?"

Looking around he calls ahead, "Trask! Trask! What is this? Getting your brethren to argue on your behalf?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Aye, yes. All of us dwarves, we speak as one." Mardoc said with dripping sarcasm, "Perhaps ye'd be better suited t'stick to the issue at hand, an' leave the rhetoric t'others. The plains: Joost how dangerous d'ye expect them t'be? Are we nae risking the caravan for a few quicker miles?"

Helmsman01

Explorer
"Yeah," a sturdy dwarf in leathers and wearing a brown cloak barks as he steps up next to the wagon. "It makes guid sense tae go around,"

"But it makes better sense to save half a day on the road."
Fairman Boss retorts back.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"'Tis yer call, caravan master," grumbled Mardoc, "But be it on yer own head if ye can't take advice offered sincerely. If anywoon dies, I'll be holdin' ye to account."

Helmsman01

Explorer
"I have taken this path a half dozen times, and nobody has died," Fairman Boss says sincerely. "We are only cutting through the southwestern corner of Black Ash, not spending the night there."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mardoc let the discussion lie, but he did not like the foreboding feeling that welled inside.

He found Fern and said, "Ye were right, lad. We cross the plains. Perhaps ye'll get ta see a gargoyle or an ash giant after all."

HP: 18/18
AC: 14 (Leather)
Bardic
Inspiration:

3/3 (1d6)
Skills
Spell Slots:
1st: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Pass Per: 13
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 11
SPELL SVE
DC: 13
Arcana: 4
Deception;7
Disguise :5
Cantrips
Minor Illusion;
Vicious Mockery
STATS:
STR:
8-
DEX:16+3
CON:12+1
INT:14+2
WIS:12+1
CHA:16+3
SAVES:
STR:-1
DEX:+5
CON:+1
INT:+2
WIS:+1
CHA:+5
Perform: 5
Persuasion:5
Perception:3
Sl of Hnd: 5
Stealth: 5
Thief Tool:5
Known Spells 1st
Animal Friendship
Comprehend Languages,
Detect Magic,
Heroism,
Sleep,

Fern didn't chase Mardoc but, instead, rode next to a nearby caravan. Upon it was a halfling woman and a half-orc man. He was idly listening into their conversations and was having an impossible time making heads or tales of it when Mardoc came back.

He listened to the Dwarf and a look of concern crossed his face,

"To be honest, I'd prefer if we didn't see them because I don't have any spells that would work against them."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Nothing at all?" asked the dwarf, surprised, "Ye weren't taught combat spells? How aboot illusions? Perhaps ye coold distract 'em while others get away."

As it dawned on him that his doomsaying might frighten the youth, he added, "Ach, perhaps th'caravan master is right an' we won't run inta any."

Remove ads